ShocksMyBrain's music thread

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fancy bluegrass too. Much like good brew, it's an acquired taste. :big:

Agreed. My dad hosts a big party every year at the beginning of college football season and invites a local bluegrass trio to provide entertainment.

I fancy bluegrass too. Much like good brew, it's an acquired taste. :big:

Agreed. My dad hosts a big party every year at the beginning of college football season and invites a local bluegrass trio to provide entertainment.

Most people either love or hate it. Hard to find the in-betweens.

If you need sleepy time music...Stars of the Lid is simply fantastic. Some amazing stuff to just lie back and zone out to. Don't expect the music to ever reach a "peak" or necessarily "go anywhere"...Very ambient stuff.

Stars of the Lid description:

Stars of the Lid is a duo specializing in drone-based ambient music. They list among their influences minimalist and electronic composers such as Arvo Pärt, Zbigniew Preisner, Gavin Bryars, and Henryk Górecki, as well as Talk Talk (both bands have tracks named "Taphead"), post-rock artists Labradford, and ambient innovator Brian Eno. Their songs are largely beatless soundscapes, composed of droning, effects-treated guitars along with piano, strings, and horns; volume swells and feedback fill the gap of rhythmic instruments, providing dynamic movement within the songs. Their sound has been described as "divine, classical drone without the tedious intrusion of drums or vocals".

Now that the offseason is upon us, I suppose I can venture into the General Forum...

This song has been a favorite of mine for a long time now. Something about the way the piano works in with the rest of it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOCZFChafOQ

For the fans of bluegrass, it looks like the Mulberry Harvest Festival in the Ozarks of Arkansas just announced the lineup. October 13-16th. Looks pretty awesome to me...

http://www.yonderharvestfestival.com/2010/lineup.asp

Edit: Whoops, not the lineup, just the dates. I can't imagine the lineup varying much from last year though.

Archived