ShocksMyBrain's music thread

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, so I just noticed this thread. I guess I don't make it in here often. Arnaldo, if you were at RFK in 1991, I was there with you. I don't remember too much, but when they played "Help is on the Way", I was very appreciative!

(Well, I couldn't post the YouTube clip, but at least the link is there.)

To help your memory

cold rain and snow

wang dang doodle

jack a roe

big river

maggie's farm

row jimmy

black throated wind

tennessee jed

music never stopped

help on the way

slipknot

franklin's tower

estimated prophet

dark star

drum/space

stella blue

turn on your love light

it's all over now

This was probably the best Dead show I have ever been to. I had "cheap seats" in the stands, straight back from the stage (lengthwise of the football field). They had put down folding chairs on the field, and the crowd starting taking them apart and passing them to the back. A few HUGE piles of chairs emerged. Then a game of cat and mouse started. The stadium seating crowd would jump over this small wall at the field level and bum rush the field, probably 50 to 100 at a time. The big dudes in yellow shirts sort of made a game out of it (they knew they couldn't stop everyone, but still had smiles on their faces), and would take a few people out at a time. I thought it was pretty funny, but a friend of mine took three tries to get on the field. As I made it through on my first attempt, I looked back and remember seeing him get knocked down by one of the security. Pretty funny stuff. Ended up front right, about 20 yards back, movin' and grovin' with the best of 'em. I was only 19 at the time and just getting into the dead. Franklin's Tower was the song I remember most from that night!

Thanks for the link Shocks, but I got that flac file years ago. Pretty good quality.

• 3 weeks later...

Got to visit with Patterson Hood of the drive by truckers this weekend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

uh-oh! SMB, you and augolf1716 will get along just fine. He is the AE resident VJ. He had a regular feature every night call 'golf's music hour'. Others pitched in as well. Good song, by the way, by a great artist.

Archived