Rocky McCord

My 3rd cousin Rocky got drafted today in the Minnesota Twins. Here's an article from al.com

I haven't seen him in years, but here's what his mom has to say:

Yesterday about 4:30 pm: "Rocky received a call from Royals around 10am this morning - I'm proud of my man for sticking to his guns on the amt and all I have to say is he must really really really love Auburn. I'm still trying to take a deep breath and he is off to umpire a double header high school game. My Cool Cat :-)"

--->she responded to her own message by saying "I don't mean to sound that I don't like Auburn - I absolutely love the coaches and the program there and couldn't tell him because I didn't want to sway his decision - but I am glad to have him close to home and playing where I can still go watch him alot. If he continues to do well and stays out of trouble he will get his opportunity again one day."

Then Today:

I might have spoken too soon - Looks like Rockyman was selected by the Twins according to al.com article that came out this afternoon - Nice article, but what you don't see is Rocky's decision - so I guess this chapter hasn't ended yet.

Update from his aunt (my 2nd cousin)

I am so proud of my nephew Rocky McCord, who was drafted by the Minnesota Twins yesterday. I am especially proud that he chose to play for the Auburn Tigers and finish his college education. I love all you McCords in Mobile Alabama!!!

11.gificon_baseball.gifau2.gif

Archived