Auburn in the NFL today

Earthcat

He did get bailed out on that drive. he threw an INT but the ref called roughing the passer on the blitzing safety. He hit him right as he threw so there's no way he could have had time to keep from hitting him, but he did launch himself into Cam. Might have been the reason for the call.

The new rule is (as I understand it) if the QB's arm is in motion it's the same as if the ball is gone. He is considered defenseless during a throwing motion.

Oh I didn't know that. I just thought it was funny that a 170lb safety could rough a 250lb QB. :big:

:roflol:

Newton is 15/21 - 315 yards - 2 TD's Passing and 1 rushing through 3 quarters. Carolina's offense is on the field now.. He's moving them right down the field with a mixture of passing and giving it to his RB.

Hey! You don't watch NFL! :P

He just set the rookie debut record. P. Manning's old record. :muscles::punk::cheers:

Yeah, but Cam's skills will never translate to the NFL... :blink:

And McElroy is more NFL ready, remember? :rolleyes:

I loved the air-guitar celebration, especially for his first career rushing TD! The NFL certainly is The No Fun League though for flagging him.

Wow, Patterson took one back on a punt return, but it looked like he waived his hand for a fair catch before he caught it. Replay isn't showing that part. Cam's got a to bring them back.

Wow, Patterson took one back on a punt return, but it looked like he waived his hand for a fair catch before he caught it. Replay isn't showing that part. Cam's got a to bring them back.

Just saw the replay. He did not call for a fair catch. He did raise both hands (with white gloves) to about chin level as he caught the ball. Great runback.

Cam finished with more points than anyone so far. And to think I picked him up off the waiver wire. (Correction, he was undrafted in our league and I picked him up from the FA pool.)

Nice debut for Cam. If the Panthers would have dropped some screens in there when Arizona was blitzing 8 or 9, it might have been different.

I might just have to tune in to Finebaum tomorrow to hear the bammers come up with excuses why Cam isn't the real deal.

"Pawl, that Mike Shula sure is one heckuva QB coach to get a record-setting preformance out of his first player. Imagine what he could do with a real NFL-ready talent like McElroy!"

I'll be interested to see how his season has gone when he comes to Houston on December 18...looking forward to seeing him play in person.

Wow, Patterson took one back on a punt return, but it looked like he waived his hand for a fair catch before he caught it.

Finally saw a replay. The ST coverage just flat blew that thinking he WOULD call the fair catch. I guess that's why I thought he might have made a motion.

Archived