Dyer suspended for bowl game

WarEagle1983

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think your 2% figure is a bit of a stretch. Sure, there is a lot of 'gossip' on twitter but there is also a lot of information.

You're right it's probably less that 1%.... :big:

I think your 2% figure is a bit of a stretch. Sure, there is a lot of 'gossip' on twitter but there is also a lot of information.

If the Cam saga from last year is used as a measuring stick for facts on twitter then 1% may be a little high too. I'm thinking more like .001 %

Of course sportsbybrooks may disagree with us.

I can't help but rolling my eyes at the people who will believe, and post crap from twitter or any other medium that is built on gossip and drama. I bet less than 2% of what's on twitter is true. Let's use some critical thinking and analytical analysis and show the advantages of him staying at Auburn.

Legacy -- Michael Dyer has the chance to be one of the top back to ever come out of Auburn and that means a lot based on the great backs that have gone through Auburn.

History -- History shows the top backs that have come out of Auburn have a chance to be drafted in the NFL.

Exposure -- He will get many chances to show his talents to viewers by remaining at Auburn.

Discipline -- He is receiving an education in what it takes to be part of a strong family environment where every person and their actions are important to family unity. If he does make it back he will have a true understanding what it takes to be a man....an Auburn man.

I wish Michael all the luck in the world in working his way through the things it will take to become an Auburn man. Good luck Michael, make us proud.

...Add your advantages to Michael staying at Auburn.

Michael Dyer staying at Auburn is also dependent on the coaches actually letting him stay on the team.

The exposure point is bunk. Every scout and executive already knows who he is; he's not going to magically fall off the side of a cliff if he transfers to a lower-tier school. Janoris Jenkins is at UNA and he's still probably a 1st round pick this year.

If the Cam saga from last year is used as a measuring stick for facts on twitter then 1% may be a little high too. I'm thinking more like .001 %

Of course sportsbybrooks may disagree with us.

If the Cam saga from last year is used as a measuring stick for facts, then twitter is just as good a source as anything else.

Yes, most of what is on twitter is BS, just like most of what is on the Internet is BS, just like most of what people generally say in the real world is BS. It's all about who you follow/click on/talk to. Ask for stupid anywhere, and stupid is what you'll get. The important thing here is not that it was reported on twitter. It's that it was reported by a freaking punter from Arkansas State.

As for the original rant, it's mostly accurate but misplaced. Nobody disagrees that Dyer should stay at Auburn. But all of those same advantages applied to many other players who, for no reason that made sense to us keyboard cowboys, flamed out at Auburn (or bama, or UGA, or.....)

Gene Chizik on Twitter chatter that Mike Dyer to Arkansas St: "Dyer's status with Auburn has not changed. I'm not aware of any of that."

@AUGoldMine

Chizik: "I'm not going to go into details of my discussions with Mike Dyer. I've told you guys his status, and that status hasn't changed"

@AUBlog

Archived