***Signing Day 2012 Thread

RunInRed

From Jeff Greer: Auburn fans, you can thank @IAMTreMason for helping to land Gardens OT Avery Young. AY said Tre played a big part in getting him to AU.

Atta boy Tre!!

Now I like Tre even better than I already did!

About Philon: Part of me says to tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine. OTOH, we could use another good DT in this class. Maybe I'll leave it up to Coach Chizik.....

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the reason Saban offered Philon a gray shirt is because he tore his ACL and did not tell anyone. He is supposed to have surgery this summer and will not be available this year. I may be wrong but I heard it from a pretty reliable source.

I heard the reason Saban offered Philon a gray shirt is because he tore his ACL and did not tell anyone. He is supposed to have surgery this summer and will not be available this year. I may be wrong but I heard it from a pretty reliable source.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/11/alabama_football_recruit_dariu.html

most recent thing I could find

That ain't recent; that's from November. I guess the paper could publish it but Saban and his entire staff just missed it. Cullman, your reliable source may not be so reliable! :roflol: PROCESSED.

That ain't recent; that's from November. I guess the paper could publish it but Saban and his entire staff just missed it. Cullman, your reliable source may not be so reliable! :roflol: PROCESSED.

Well, my source was an Alabama fan who explained it to me. I guess I should just consider the source and move on.

Well, my source was an Alabama fan who explained it to me. I guess I should just consider the source and move on.

True, sorry it's from November but it was the most recent thing. I sure the REC wouldn't let the cat out of the bag if that was true.... :roflol:

I was thinking about something this afternoon. I'm slightly disappointed in Auburn Track. Seriously. We had two recruits that we really wanted, Darby and Moore, that openly said they wanted to run track as well as play football. Both guys said track mattered in their decision making process. We missed out on both. I'm sure that was just one small piece of the puzzle, but man, it would've been nice to get some help there.

Scout is reporting that Philon signed with Arkansas..

I'm happy he ended up with a place to play. I hope this bites Saban in the ass.

Same colors and logo, just a pig instead of an pachyderm. Both have a-holes for coaches. Like nothing even happened I guess. Maybe that is part of the process, he is out of state on a team that doesn't really matter much. :roflol:

Same colors and logo, just a pig instead of an pachyderm. Both have a-holes for coaches. Like nothing even happened I guess. Maybe that is part of the process, he is out of state on a team that doesn't really matter much. :roflol:

He may or may not be an impact player,but it is a mistake to say the hogs do not matter much.

I was thinking about something this afternoon. I'm slightly disappointed in Auburn Track. Seriously. We had two recruits that we really wanted, Darby and Moore, that openly said they wanted to run track as well as play football. Both guys said track mattered in their decision making process. We missed out on both. I'm sure that was just one small piece of the puzzle, but man, it would've been nice to get some help there.

I don't pretend to know a lot about track, but I do know this isn't UAT circa 1975. It's not the track teams job to look out for the football team. Chizik can't use them to stash football players or dictate who they should be interested in. They have to take care of themselves. The FB coaches couldn't get the guys to commit. Don't blame the track coaches.

I don't pretend to know a lot about track, but I do know this isn't UAT circa 1975. It's not the track teams job to look out for the football team. Chizik can't use them to stash football players or dictate who they should be interested in. They have to take care of themselves. The FB coaches couldn't get the guys to commit. Don't blame the track coaches.

I think what he was trying to say is that the track team also missed out on a good opportunity to get some good talent as well. Which would have helped us pull in some recruits as well. In this instance, the track and football programs could have helped each other out by using both programs as leverage.

He may or may not be an impact player,but it is a mistake to say the hogs do not matter much.

actually it is reality that the hogs don't matter much. Petrino has peaked as a head coach there, IMO and managed a 2nd place finish in the West in 2010. That's as high as they will finish in the West in the foreseeable future, IMO. Petrino has completed 4 years there so given his track record he'll be jumping ship at any time.

Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz didn't refer to OL Alex Kozan by name, but did say he was awaiting a decision from one more prospect along the OL. Kozan, a 6-4, 295-pound OL from Valor Christian Academy in Colorado, remains undecided between Iowa, Michigan, and Auburn.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/rapid-reports/post/17080861

Video: Gene Chizik press conference (free) http://auburn.247sports.com/Board/42/Video-Gene-Chizik-press-conference-7449643/1 via @247Sports

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MADt4Lf681w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@BMatt247

Ha...

Auburn signee Cassanova McKinzy says the lack of a @ChickfilA on campus played a factor in picking the Tigers over #Clemson.

@BJMillican

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/embed/iframe?pl_id=21958&page_count=5&windows=1&tags=sports&rel=3&va_id=3236673&pf_id=9624&aspect_ratio=3x2&show_title=0&auto_start=0&auto_next=0&volume=8" width="600" height="400"></iframe>

Archived