***Signing Day 2012 Thread

RunInRed

So I think we confirmed Robinson signed. :)

That's all for today. We can only await the decisions of a couple of late guys.

Louis and Darby are still left today, no?

Thought indications were that they weren't AU bound.

Louis may be still in, considering he flipped to FSU then decommed from them shortly after.

I didn't think there were many doubts about Louis. I thought he was all in?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't let a bunch of 18 year olds get you down, folks...be up for the ones we got/get, and get ready for A-Day. We can turn this around in a matter of 12 months.

Thanks for the update on Robinson. I didn't think he was wavering but with the letter not here and the way this day is going, who knows what?

We have four possibles left: Louis, Darby, Diggs and Diamond. If we sign every one we'll still be four slots short of filling our slots. Not good.

PS: if the earlier reports that Avery Young has signed with UGA are premature, we have five chances to fill our 8 slots. Still not good.

You had a full ride at AU. Got played by Saban. #NoSympathy

Being reported that Darius Philon was asked to grayshirt and he wasn't happy bout it.

@dubmeister

I wonder how the press in this state will report that. bammer offers AU commit and he accepts then on signing day bammer doesn't bother to send papers and embarrasses kid in from of his entire school.

Thanks for the update on Robinson. I didn't think he was wavering but with the letter not here and the way this day is going, who knows what?

We have four possibles left: Louis, Darby, Diggs and Diamond. If we sign every one we'll still be four slots short of filling our slots. Not good.

I hope we carry two or three over.

Could be useful consider I doubt we'll be losing too much coaching wise.

I hope it's only two or three! Filling the 25 slots with quality players is the best option but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. So I guess we'll carry over however many and call it a plan.

Being reported that Darius Philon was asked to grayshirt and he wasn't happy bout it.

@dubmeister

I wonder how the press in this state will report that. bammer offers AU commit and he accepts then on signing day bammer doesn't bother to send papers and embarrasses kid in from of his entire school.

How do you not see something like that coming?

They were already at their limit!

Apparently Florida just put out its list of signees and Young isn't on it....

Yes, but earlier posts on here had him already signed with Georgia.

Auburn will not be able to back count any signees next season. 2012 was the last for back counting.

Edit to add: I stand corrected. Thanks LegalEagle.

Apparently Florida just put out its list of signees and Young isn't on it....

Yes, but earlier posts on here had him already signed with Georgia.

Avery Young has not signed anywhere yet! He is set to announce at 2PM EST!

@dubmeister

How do you not see something like that coming?

They were already at their limit!

Agreed. I guess Darius was pre-processed. :rolleyes:

"The Auburn coaches were shocked I went up there, but that doesn’t really matter to me," Philon said following his visit to Tuscaloosa in June.

I wonder how Darius feels now?

I wonder how Mom & Dad feel?

I wonder how his HS coaches feel? But if they are bammers, they know it's just part of the process and they will be glad to push kids in that direction in the future.

Auburn will not be able to back count any signees next season. 2012 was the last for back counting.

Not true. They can still count back EEs.

Jonathan Wallace: "I was set to go to UCF. I was ready to play there. I was happy with that decision. I just couldn't pass this opportunity up."

Auburn has always been the place I've wanted to go. I got the offer that I wanted and the opportunity to play there and in the SEC.

"I must say this was a long process. I'm happy with where this process took me. All of have to say is War Eagle!"

@wareagleextra

Not true. They can still count back EEs.

Show me the proof.

Jonathan Wallace: "I was set to go to UCF. I was ready to play there. I was happy with that decision. I just couldn't pass this opportunity up."

Auburn has always been the place I've wanted to go. I got the offer that I wanted and the opportunity to play there and in the SEC.

"I must say this was a long process. I'm happy with where this process took me. All of have to say is War Eagle!"

@wareagleextra

very happy for him.

Archived