***Signing Day 2012 Thread

RunInRed

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else notice we were 4 of 9 on big Signing Day announcements and the bammers were 0 of 3 and we were the ones the talking heads said whiffed today?

I'm really proud of the coaches for all their hard work and the young men who chose Auburn knowing it is a special place that will change their lives forever. WDE!

Scout is reporting that Philon signed with Arkansas..

Same colors and logo, just a pig instead of an pachyderm. Both have a-holes for coaches. Like nothing even happened I guess. Maybe that is part of the process, he is out of state on a team that doesn't really matter much. :roflol:

He may or may not be an impact player,but it is a mistake to say the hogs do not matter much.

actually it is reality that the hogs don't matter much. Petrino has peaked as a head coach there, IMO and managed a 2nd place finish in the West in 2010. That's as high as they will finish in the West in the foreseeable future, IMO. Petrino has completed 4 years there so given his track record he'll be jumping ship at any time.

I hope you are right,I am no hog lover,but they have beaten us 4 of the past 5 games.

Scout is reporting that Philon signed with Arkansas..

Same colors and logo, just a pig instead of an pachyderm. Both have a-holes for coaches. Like nothing even happened I guess. Maybe that is part of the process, he is out of state on a team that doesn't really matter much. :roflol:

He may or may not be an impact player,but it is a mistake to say the hogs do not matter much.

actually it is reality that the hogs don't matter much. Petrino has peaked as a head coach there, IMO and managed a 2nd place finish in the West in 2010. That's as high as they will finish in the West in the foreseeable future, IMO. Petrino has completed 4 years there so given his track record he'll be jumping ship at any time.

I hope you are right,I am no hog lover,but they have beaten us 4 of the past 5 games.

Not true.

2007 - Auburn won 9-7

2008 - Arkansas won 25-22

2009 - Arkansas won 44-23

2010 - Auburn won 65-43

2011 - Arkansas won 38-14

By my count that's 2-3 over the last 5 years. Not what I would like, but certainly not 4 of the past 5. Arkansas has won the west 3 times since joining the SEC. 1995-, 2002, and 2006. The fewest games they lost in those three years was in 2006 when they lost 4 games and finished 10-4. In 1995 they were 8-5, and in 2002 they were 9-5. Clearly they can win the west only when the rest of the division is weak.

Totally off topic, but WarTiger... is there a single coaching staff outside of Auburn, AL that you think highly of? I know you hate FSU and think Jimbo is a bad coach with a bad staff. You just said Bobby Petrino peaked and Arkansas is irrelevant. I know you hate Bama (but maybe respect Saban, that's unclear). I know you think the second winningest coach in D-IA history was overrated. I know you think Dan Mullen is a liar and an average at best coach. I know you were unimpressed with Urban Meyer's Florida regime, particularly his latter recruiting. Are there more? Who's doing a good job out there?

Totally off topic, but WarTiger... is there a single coaching staff outside of Auburn, AL that you think highly of? I know you hate FSU and think Jimbo is a bad coach with a bad staff. You just said Bobby Petrino peaked and Arkansas is irrelevant. I know you hate Bama (but maybe respect Saban, that's unclear). I know you think the second winningest coach in D-IA history was overrated. I know you think Dan Mullen is a liar and an average at best coach. I know you were unimpressed with Urban Meyer's Florida regime, particularly his latter recruiting. Are there more? Who's doing a good job out there?

Larry Blakeney is a kick-ass coach and a former Auburn QB to boot. Just sayin'. :)

As a first timer on the tread, loved the dialogue and updates. Am a bit more encouraged about our potential for the years to come. War Damn Eagle y'all! All in, always!

Now let's go get us some Diggs and Diamond! :au:

Lank

First I heard of this:

... **Auburn, like Florida and the Big Ten schools, has signed its football players to four-year scholarships and not the standard one-year deals. ...

Most interesting. Safe to say that "processing" will now be an exclusive tactic of The school for Updykes And Teabaggers in the state of Alabama!

Lank

First I heard of this:

... **Auburn, like Florida and the Big Ten schools, has signed its football players to four-year scholarships and not the standard one-year deals. ...

Something is wrong with this story. Chizik said in his press conference today that we signed everyone to 1 year scholarships just like everyother year

Most interesting. Safe to say that "processing" will now be an exclusive tactic of The school for Updykes And Teabaggers in the state of Alabama!

Lank

First I heard of this:

Something is wrong with this story. Chizik said in his press conference today that we signed everyone to 1 year scholarships just like everyother year

Yeah, Chiz basically said in the press conference that Auburn only offered the typical year-to-year deal, but that it would be an interesting dynamic going forward.

Lank

First I heard of this:

Yeah, Chiz basically said in the press conference that Auburn only offered the typical year-to-year deal, but that it would be an interesting dynamic going forward.

Compliance corrected him later.

Lank

First I heard of this:

Where is the link that says that

Lank

First I heard of this:

I see that now. Good idea in my opinion. :thumbsup:

I think it could do two things.

1. It could single out programs like Alabama to make the change, or 2. It could make Alabama continue it's "processing" of players and give them an advantage on the field. If they have a player or two who isn't "good" enough" they can flush them out as a recycling body.

I think it could do two things.

1. It could single out programs like Alabama to make the change, or 2. It could make Alabama continue it's "processing" of players and give them an advantage on the field. If they have a player or two who isn't "good" enough" they can flush them out as a recycling body.

They could, and more than likely will, go to multi-year scholarships and still continue "the process."

Archived