***Signing Day 2012 Thread

RunInRed

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn will not be able to back count any signees next season. 2012 was the last for back counting.

Not true. They can still count back EEs.

Show me the proof.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/sec_learning_to_live_with_new.html

Thank you. I remembered the initial reaction to the rule passed in June 2011 was that back counting would end, and just recently on Jox they mentioned that back counting would not be allowed in 2013. This is the sort of source I've been looking for.

Auburn will not be able to back count any signees next season. 2012 was the last for back counting.

Not true. They can still count back EEs.

Show me the proof.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/01/sec_learning_to_live_with_new.html

Thank you. I remembered the initial reaction to the rule passed in June 2011 was that back counting would end, and just recently on Jox they mentioned that back counting would not be allowed in 2013. This is the sort of source I've been looking for.

I heard the same comment also and even heard Tom lugenbill say no more backcounting next year which you would think he would know.

According to Rivals.com Auburn's recruiting class ranks eighth nationally in average star-rating with 3.53.

@FootballAU

Its nice when we can complain about only being #8 in recruiting.

Getting Young was huge - top 100 type guy. 5 star in many rankings.

thugas are now feeling what WE felt last year. A.Young was announced as having been on board w/ them, then his name vanished...

A nice 1-2 punch to the mutt's hopes , with Jaquay and now Avery.

WDE!

That has to be one of the first times Meta has been wrong, and I'm glad he was! (no offense Meta, I really take a lot from all your posts.)

This.

Oops: F A I L

Not my fault their site ran the story.

well, it is when it was widely known that he was announcing shortly after 1. Clearly any story prior to that was speculation.

Auburn now has five OLs signed ... plus the nine already on scholarship. That's solid depth.

@HABOTN

Will Adams, Shane Callahan, Robert Leff, Patrick Miller, Avery Young ... a pretty good OL class.

Archived