***Signing Day 2012 Thread

RunInRed

well, it is when it was widely known that he was announcing shortly after 1. Clearly any story prior to that was speculation.

Except that it was wildly believed that Young would choose either Georgia or Florida; thus the story made sense, especially when you consider that leaks happen all the time in recruiting.

This is a surprise; no other way to put it.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Auburn now has five OLs signed ... plus the nine already on scholarship. That's solid depth.

@HABOTN

Will Adams, Shane Callahan, Robert Leff, Patrick Miller, Avery Young ... a pretty good OL class.

What about Alex Kozan and Diamond? It is past noon in Denver and Kozan still has not announced....

It appears from the timing of the post above that the ranking of AU as the #8 recruiting class preceded Avery Young's commitment to AU. Is that correct?

Auburn now has five OLs signed ... plus the nine already on scholarship. That's solid depth.

@HABOTN

Will Adams, Shane Callahan, Robert Leff, Patrick Miller, Avery Young ... a pretty good OL class.

What about Alex Kozan and Diamond? It is past noon in Denver and Kozan still has not announced....

Kozan previously committed to Iowa...

Diamond is a Friday announcement with meaning believing he's leaning towards Michigan.

Very low chance on Diamond; he is most likely going to Michigan. Kozan is still confused but I've heard that if he switches it will be to Michigan but who knows.

@HABOTN

Kozan previously committed to Iowa...

Diamond is a Friday announcement with meaning believing he's leaning towards Michigan.

Yes, but the Des Moines newspaper did not list Kozan among its likely signees this morning. I think there is still hope.

It appears from the timing of the post above that the ranking of AU as the #8 recruiting class preceded Avery Young's commitment to AU. Is that correct?

Correct. Now we are at #9 (in terms of avg star rating). Guess a team jumped us with adding some more commits.

Signed so far:

1. OL Shane Callahan, Chaparral High, Parker, Colo. (January enrollee)

2. OL Patrick Miller, Dwyer High, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. (January enrollee)

3. LB Javiie Mitchell, Leeds High, Leeds, Ala. (January enrollee)

4. QB Zeke Pike, Dixie Heights High, Ft. Mitchell, Ky. (January enrollee)

5. FB Jay Prosch, UMS-Wright Mobile High, University of Illinois tranfer (January enrollee)

6. TE Ricky Parks, Callaway High, Hogansville, Ga.

7. CB Jonathan Jones, Carrollton, Ga., High

8. CB Josh Holsey, Creekside High, Fairburn, Ga.

9. DE Gimel President, Wando High School, Mt. Pleasant

10. OL Robert Leff, Fairhope High School

11. DL Tyler Nero, Escambia County High, Atmore

12. CB T.J. Davis, Godby High, Tallahassee, Fla.

13. QB Jonathan Wallace, Central High, Phenix City

14. TE Darrion Hutcherson, Dadeville High

15. OL Will Adams, Sandy Creek High, Tyrone, Ga.

16. WR Jaquay Williams, Sandy Creek High, Tyrone, Ga.

17. LB Cassanova McKinzy, Woodlawn High, Birmingham

18. RB Jovon Robinson, Wooddale High, Memphis, Tenn.

19. WR Ricardo Louis, Miami Beach, Fla., Senior High

20. OT Avery Young, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. High

Really could use another big DL signee or 2. Decent class, stronger finish than it was looking like, for a while...but man. Losing Eddie Goldman hurts.

but man. Losing Eddie Goldman hurts.

We never really "had" him. Like I said a while ago; I never understood the optimism on Goldman. The talk around the DC area for months has been that he was a silent commit to FSU.

I think there are a few people reading this thread who are not yet Registered Members ;) Go ahead, join us ... it's Free (follow the links in the signature line)!

I left the computer for lunch and we pick up our two best uncomitted players of the day. Anyboy want to pay me to leave and go get a snack?

1328124948[/url]' post='796736']

I left the computer for lunch and we pick up our two best uncomitted players of the day. Anyboy want to pay me to leave and go get a snack?

Go get dinner while you are at it. Lol

Archived