**Auburn vs. uat Game Thread**

WarTiger

Doesnt shoot well all season, bad offense, AND top player suspended. Top scorer had surgery 2 weeks ago. And we cant beat them???

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sullivan gets a steal, and gets held in the backcourt...Intentional foul called on uat...got a FT, then comes back with a 3....Forbes makes both FT's....60-49

Honestly our 2 teams are evenly matched imo . We just beat ourselves by lack of free throw shooting, taking bad shots and not running the offense.

Gotta admit, win or lose (preferably win, of course), there is absolutly nothing better than hearing "Its Great to be an Auburn Tiger!" blaring from the Jungle and the cheer this team got once the clock hit 0:00. Our fans know where this program was, currently is, and is heading. We know we have high expectations for any of our programs. None of us like to lose like this, but we always appreciate our student-athletes, and always stand by them.

War Damn Auburn.

Pathetic showing down the stretch. Love Auburn. Hate the way we play basketball a lot of times.

Agreed.

Alabama won both games last year (mainly the one in T-town) because of poor officiating. This one is just below that game in worst. I dont know what these refs expect our guys to do. Chubb was obviously scared to dunk the ball for getting a tech. Denson was just switching his momentum back the other way. And I think KG was doing the same thing, just a little more ethusiasticly. For as mad as Barbee is, I'm right there. Unbelieveable.

Good grief. Do we have to constantly blame the officiating when things don't go our way? The only one they got wrong, IMO, was the Denson dunk. The others were spot on. It's unfortunate, but they were the right call. Just because something goes against us doesn't mean it was the wrong call.

Wartiger, usually I don't complain about the refs like a lot of others, but theses guys were PATHETIC. You are wrong about those dunk calls, they were in no way excessive. They all should have been no calls. Faux moving screens, taking dives, these guys were the worst I have seen in a long time. Like I said I do not get on board with most of those threads regarding officiating. This time I am there.

Alabama won both games last year (mainly the one in T-town) because of poor officiating. This one is just below that game in worst. I dont know what these refs expect our guys to do. Chubb was obviously scared to dunk the ball for getting a tech. Denson was just switching his momentum back the other way. And I think KG was doing the same thing, just a little more ethusiasticly. For as mad as Barbee is, I'm right there. Unbelieveable.

Good grief. Do we have to constantly blame the officiating when things don't go our way? The only one they got wrong, IMO, was the Denson dunk. The others were spot on. It's unfortunate, but they were the right call. Just because something goes against us doesn't mean it was the wrong call.

Wartiger, usually I don't complain about the refs like a lot of others, but theses guys were PATHETIC. You are wrong about those dunk calls, they were in no way excessive. They all should have been no calls. Faux moving screens, taking dives, these guys were the worst I have seen in a long time. Like I said I do not get on board with most of those threads regarding officiating. This time I am there.

I just had a bama friend of mine brag about the win, and the officials didnt do anything wrong (we've already gone over this). All I can think of is what if it was the other way. Those refs never would've made it out of the arena if we won in the same fashion. Have I mentioned how much I hate bama??

He's usually wrong from what I've observed.

Officiating in the first half of this game was embarrassingly one sided and interrupted any momentum Auburn was gaining. Should have been a tie game or very small deficit at half if not for bad officiating. Denson tech was laughable, Chubb moving screen was a joke, they should have T-Ed up the Bama flopper (against Sullivan) much like a diving soccer player gets carded, and they missed a charge against Bama guard right before half when he dished it right before horn. Joking on the tech for Bama flop, but it wasn't a charge against Sullivan.

All the above being said, Auburn still loses this game by 10 at least because of terrible free shooting, bench production, and overall inability to score the ball.

War Eagle, go get em next time Tigers.

He's usually wrong from what I've observed.

Officiating in the first half of this game was embarrassingly one sided and interrupted any momentum Auburn was gaining. Should have been a tie game or very small deficit at half if not for bad officiating. Denson tech was laughable, Chubb moving screen was a joke, they should have T-Ed up the Bama flopper (against Sullivan) much like a diving soccer player gets carded, and they missed a charge against Bama guard right before half when he dished it right before horn. Joking on the tech for Bama flop, but it wasn't a charge against Sullivan.

All the above being said, Auburn still loses this game by 10 at least because of terrible free shooting, bench production, and overall inability to score the ball.

War Eagle, go get em next time Tigers.

The Chubb moving-screen call was actually spot on. It was just in the heat of the moment, and a terrible time for it, therefore we were all mad. But you're right, the Sullivan charge was the worst all night.

Apparently a fan got tossed for shaking money at a ref after halftime. So the students at uat can do that to Cam and it's fun and games, but an AU student does it and it's hit the road.

As the refs went in at the half they were met with a barage of boos. I was sitting on the other side but it looked as if there was some sort of words exchanged between the younger ref and a fan or fans. It looked as if he went back toward the floor area to confront someone. I thought that was pretty bad. I mean if you're going to be a SEC official you need to have much thicker skin than that.

Apparently a fan got tossed for shaking money at a ref after halftime. So the students at uat can do that to Cam and it's fun and games, but an AU student does it and it's hit the road.

I mean if you're going to be a SEC official you need to have much thicker skin than that.

There is no such thing. These guys are all part of a pool, so to speak. No one works for just one conference like in football.

As the refs went in at the half they were met with a barage of boos. I was sitting on the other side but it looked as if there was some sort of words exchanged between the younger ref and a fan or fans. It looked as if he went back toward the floor area to confront someone. I thought that was pretty bad. I mean if you're going to be a SEC official you need to have much thicker skin than that.

I saw what you are talking about. He should not be a ref. He thinks being a ref makes him dictator of the arena.

I saw what you are talking about. He should not be a ref. He thinks being a ref makes him dictator of the arena.

All you need to do to avoid a lynching is call a decent game. It isn't that hard to do. When you do a lousy job of officiating, the fans, players, and coaches get angry. Then when you react like that ref did, it is proof that he either buffooned the whole thing, or has an agenda.

Seriously, the discussion of this game needs to be about the play of AU not the job of the officials. I have complained about refs my whole life but I have honestly only seen one game where the officials completely dictated the outcome of a game. It was a HS game (state finals no less) and the officials were suspended (not long enough though) for their poor performance. But I digress.

AU lacked poise tonight. When you are vastly out manned talent wise, you have to make up for it in effort and playing smart. AU gave a good effort at times, but they played dumb and that cost them momentum at times. Nothing kills the Big Mo like stupidity. And nothing matters more in the outcome of a game than the Big Mo.

Can't beat yourself AND poor officiating at the same time. Bad refs, bad play, missed chances, and a lost temper. As soon as we can get the kids on the floor that Barbee is signing we will look a lot different. WDE! Great atmosphere in the Arena last night.....hate to see us fold up like that, though.

I mean if you're going to be a SEC official you need to have much thicker skin than that.

There is no such thing. These guys are all part of a pool, so to speak. No one works for just one conference like in football.

That is absolutely NOT TRUE. Every conference has their own officials. Many officials work in multiple conferences, but they ALL have a primary conference in which they work games. Some are alternates in certain leagues as well. For the record, many officials work for multiple conferences in football too. Again, some are alternates in certain leagues, so they are used in the event of injury or illness to another official.

I find it absolutely hilarious that so many are criticizing the officiating when the calls most are complaining about were spot on. I agree the technical fouls called on the dunks could have been left alone and it wasn't necessary to call those, but it is what it is. Of the 2, the Denson dunk was the worse call of the two. Denson did nothing wrong, IMO. Now, the Blocking foul (it wasn't called a moving screen) on Chubb was spot on. He did everything right on that play, until he lowered his shoulder. Once he dropped his shoulder (which happened to be where the contact occurred, it was a blocking foul and the absolute right call.

Every time a call goes against us we got screwed, right? Newsflash, EVERY team out there commits penalties and FOULS. Just because every call doesn't go our way doesn't mean the calls were wrong. They weren't, they just all happened within a few minutes of each other.

As far as the block/charge situation, I doubt there is anybody here that knows what the requirements are to get a charge, yet everybody complains about it without having a clue what the rule is to cover it.

That is absolutely NOT TRUE. Every conference has their own officials. Many officials work in multiple conferences, but they ALL have a primary conference in which they work games. Some are alternates in certain leagues as well. For the record, many officials work for multiple conferences in football too. Again, some are alternates in certain leagues, so they are used in the event of injury or illness to another official.

I find it absolutely hilarious that so many are criticizing the officiating when the calls most are complaining about were spot on. I agree the technical fouls called on the dunks could have been left alone and it wasn't necessary to call those, but it is what it is. Of the 2, the Denson dunk was the worse call of the two. Denson did nothing wrong, IMO. Now, the Blocking foul (it wasn't called a moving screen) on Chubb was spot on. He did everything right on that play, until he lowered his shoulder. Once he dropped his shoulder (which happened to be where the contact occurred, it was a blocking foul and the absolute right call.

Every time a call goes against us we got screwed, right? Newsflash, EVERY team out there commits penalties and FOULS. Just because every call doesn't go our way doesn't mean the calls were wrong. They weren't, they just all happened within a few minutes of each other.

As far as the block/charge situation, I doubt there is anybody here that knows what the requirements are to get a charge, yet everybody complains about it without having a clue what the rule is to cover it.

WarTiger, I'm going to have to disagree with you on conferences having their own officials, sure some might work more games in a certain conference but they are NCAA officials and i've heard repeatedly on interviews the same thing. You can go to www.statsheet.com and look at all the officials doing games and they are criss-crossing conferences and even divisions on a nightly basis and many travel hundreds to thousands of miles overnight to do another game in a different conference.

But the 3 calls everyone are arguing were the correct calls by the letter of the rule. You can only hang on the rim to protect yourself if another player is below you, you can not do a pull up, pull your knees up or swing on the rim. I think the reason everyone is upset is because it is rarely called in games and just so happen to be called twice yesterday. The ref also made the correct call on Chubb. You can't drop your shoulder when trying to set a pick. The real problem on that play that no-one is focusing on the ball handler did a horrible job setting up the pick and driving hard off of Chubb's shoulder, he gave too much room and Chubb tried to reach for the pick, but thats nothing new with this team and you could film a "what not do" instructional video of this team offensively.(probaly defensively and coaching wise too).

Overall I think last night was a good synopsis of the problems with this team. As someone who has grown up in the game and first love is basketball I see alot wrong with this team and very little hope for the future. I'm not trying to be a debbie-downer but the mistakes, inabilities, and strategies shown on the court say alot about our coach and level of talent in the program.

Archived