**Auburn vs. uat Game Thread**

WarTiger

Alabama won both games last year (mainly the one in T-town) because of poor officiating. This one is just below that game in worst. I dont know what these refs expect our guys to do. Chubb was obviously scared to dunk the ball for getting a tech. Denson was just switching his momentum back the other way. And I think KG was doing the same thing, just a little more ethusiasticly. For as mad as Barbee is, I'm right there. Unbelieveable.

Good grief. Do we have to constantly blame the officiating when things don't go our way? The only one they got wrong, IMO, was the Denson dunk. The others were spot on. It's unfortunate, but they were the right call. Just because something goes against us doesn't mean it was the wrong call.

Go back to the game last year at their place. We didnt get one call.

So what...It's not the officials job to "give us a call". It's their job to call the game. Again, just because "we (may)not have gotten one call" doesn't mean those calls were wrong. It just sounds petty to blame officiating when those are some of the absolute best in the business at what they do..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alabama won both games last year (mainly the one in T-town) because of poor officiating. This one is just below that game in worst. I dont know what these refs expect our guys to do. Chubb was obviously scared to dunk the ball for getting a tech. Denson was just switching his momentum back the other way. And I think KG was doing the same thing, just a little more ethusiasticly. For as mad as Barbee is, I'm right there. Unbelieveable.

Good grief. Do we have to constantly blame the officiating when things don't go our way? The only one they got wrong, IMO, was the Denson dunk. The others were spot on. It's unfortunate, but they were the right call. Just because something goes against us doesn't mean it was the wrong call.

Along the same lines, just because you are a fellow official, you don't have to defend them so much. :poke:

Fans blame officials. It's what we do. The zebras didn't get them all wrong but they didn't only screw up one call either.

So what...It's not the officials job to "give us a call". It's their job to call the game. Again, just because "we (may)not have gotten one call" doesn't mean those calls were wrong. It just sounds petty to blame officiating when those are some of the absolute best in the business at what they do..

I agree with you that the officials have gotten most of the calls right tonight. However, "the absolute best in the business" part is not accurate. I've heard a few analysts on ESPN, not just one, say that the officiating this year in college basketball has been pretty bad.

Apparently a fan got tossed for shaking money at a ref after halftime. So the students at uat can do that to Cam and it's fun and games, but an AU student does it and it's hit the road.

Go back to the game last year at their place. We didnt get one call.

I think the problem I saw in the first half is that Bama was not getting called for stuff they were doing at the same rate. If refs calls a tight game or a loose game, that's fine, just call it the same for both teams.

AU is 3-8 at the FT line. That's not the refs fault.

This! What is it about Auburn that FTs are so hard to come by? It has been this way for a long time. Different coaches, several classes of players, no matter what.

I agree with you that the officials have gotten most of the calls right tonight. However, "the absolute best in the business" part is not accurate. I've heard a few analysts on ESPN, not just one, say that the officiating this year in college basketball has been pretty bad.

Actually the "best in the business" part is SPOT ON. I realize you probably have no idea what it takes to get where they are. Trust me, they are THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS at what they do. Oh and a little clue, the announcers don't have a clue about the officiating. A prime example is they all think the defensive player has to be "set" to draw a charge, and that couldn't be further from the truth. Announcers opinions mean NOTHING..

I think the problem I saw in the first half is that Bama was not getting called for stuff they were doing at the same rate. If refs calls a tight game or a loose game, that's fine, just call it the same for both teams.

I agree wholeheartedly. And I appologize, just got a little (lot) too mad. Just seems like a trend.

Please man I've had harder picks set against me in middle school. Youre allowed to dunk, and theyrehaving a negative effect on the game because now we're scared top go hard at the RIM. Its bs

If you think that blocking call against chubb was called because it was a "hard Pick (your words) then you clearly don't know much about the game or what the rule is to cover it. Yes, you are allowed to dunk, but you aren't allowed to unnecessarily hang on the rim. Sure, they could have let them both go, but the one on Gabriel was a pretty good call, IMO.

Atleast we're are finally getting some calls :)

GREAT block by Forbes!!

uat is making enough mistakes for us to get in it, we just aren't able to capitalize on those mistakes. Then we make mistakes of our own...ick.

How is it that teams can shoot the ball horribly all season (uat) and then play us in our building and frickin' score from the locker room? 6 3 point shots for spuat.

Archived