• Ole Miss
    • MSU
    • LSU
    • UK
    • USC
    • ARK
    • UGA
    • Auburn

I won't say who the best fans are in the SEC but I can say one characteristic of a bad fan is consistently talking about other school fans in a negative fashion.  This happens at all schools but AU fans(at least on the net) take it to a much much higher level and a much more personal demeaning level.

puhleeze :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: . What part of louisianna are you from?????

If you take any smack talk on the web seriously........ well, I'll just let the evidence speak for itself since saying something negative about you would make me a "bad fan". :lol:;)

I don't think there's anything wrong with smack talk. However, *some* AU fans on the net go beyond smack talk and try to demean other SEC fans. They seem obsessed with character assassination. They remind me of Democrats. (Filled with hate and animosity.) They have there little repetitive code phrases they use. Such as "the rich need to pay their fair share" or "tax breaks for the wealthiest few." Some examples of AU code phrases are "LSU fans are the most vile fans" and "grand mothers, grand fathers and kids flip you off." The Democrats use these little phrases over and over again and people actually start to believe them. That's what the AU fans are trying to accomplish. I think it's funny because there's people actually stupid enough out there to believe these things.

HEY............You can call me an $puater and I will not like it one bit.....BUT , call me a liberal and I am forced to ask you to step outside! :D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WT,

If there are any words to describe you, trust me, liberal is NOT one of them! :D

War Eagle!!! :au:

I've never been to any AU away game and I don't believe I'll ever attend any away game (except the Iron Bowl...my first this year).

Why? From reading what everyone has to say about some of their experiences it's not worth taking the chance. I don't want to go to LSU or UT with my family and end up having to deal with some adult adolescent spewing foul language in front of my daughter.

I realize I'm being a little hypocritical with the Iron Bowl game but 1) it's the Iron Bowl and 2) as with everything in life there are exceptions.

Now, having said that, two items on my "things to do in life" are to go see a game at Baton Rouge and at Knoxville. I can guarantee you though that the game I see will not be against Auburn because of the above reason.

As to who has the worst fans...I think all SEC schools (except maybe Vandy) have a dark side to their fanbase but one incident I read on another post really takes the cake. An AU fan was tailgating with some UGA fans who happened to have a stuffed tiger hanging from the bumper of their car. Out of nowhere here comes this druken idiot who stops in their tailgating area and pees all over the stuffed tiger. Completely pathetic and someone (UGA or AU) should have laid his sorry arse out then and there.

-----------------------------------------

Welby :au:

I won't say who the best fans are in the SEC but I can say one characteristic of a bad fan is consistently talking about other school fans in a negative fashion. This happens at all schools but AU fans(at least on the net) take it to a much much higher level and a much more personal demeaning level.

I can direct you to a board where LSU fans outdo the Auburn fans in that and even threaten to come beat other fans up :lol: . I'm serious too.

I agree with you that talking about others in a negative fashion isn't cool consisently but I also extend that to the universities and the programs. Like still complaining about something like cigars half a century later.

I won't say who the best fans are in the SEC but I can say one characteristic of a bad fan is consistently talking about other school fans in a negative fashion.  This happens at all schools but AU fans(at least on the net) take it to a much much higher level and a much more personal demeaning level.

puhleeze :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: . What part of louisianna are you from?????

If you take any smack talk on the web seriously........ well, I'll just let the evidence speak for itself since saying something negative about you would make me a "bad fan". :lol:;)

I don't think there's anything wrong with smack talk. However, *some* AU fans on the net go beyond smack talk and try to demean other SEC fans. They seem obsessed with character assassination. They remind me of Democrats. (Filled with hate and animosity.) They have there little repetitive code phrases they use. Such as "the rich need to pay their fair share" or "tax breaks for the wealthiest few." Some examples of AU code phrases are "LSU fans are the most vile fans" and "grand mothers, grand fathers and kids flip you off." The Democrats use these little phrases over and over again and people actually start to believe them. That's what the AU fans are trying to accomplish. I think it's funny because there's people actually stupid enough out there to believe these things.

A couple of points:

1. The majority of lsu fans are really cool people, no doubt. They do however have more than their share of bad apples and some of their bad apples are really bad. If this isn't true then why did the following things happen: a. The police chief wrote a letter to AU suggesting that visiting AU students not wear their colors if they wanted to help ensure their safety. b. the infamous van fire (please don't try to deny this happend!) c. CTT and his wife were nearly attacked by drunken lsu buffoons after the game and barely made it onto the bus with help from troopers and the other coaches who left the bus to help them out. d. local police dressed up in AU colors at the last home game in order to discourage rowdy fans from harrassing AU folks. These are 4 things that have NEVER happened at AU. I wonder why?????

2. It is more than obvious that many good lsu fans are in deep denial about the few rotten apples they have and what they do at times. Maybe its because they know most lsu fans are really good people. BTW many lsu fans adopt willie clintons habit of denying it until you die when it comes to things that happen at lsu games.

3. Why are you even worried about what any AU fans think about you? People have linked threads from lsu boards here before with them trashing us and our team and I basically partially read them and then ignore them.

4. Do you see the irony of you coming here saying that "bad fans" talk negatively about other schools fans and then you come to this thread to do exactly that. Reading between the lines of your threads I sense a lot of dislike for AU fans. Let it go dude. Your life will be much more peaceful.

5. Funny you mention the rumor about the 8 yr old lsu fan flipping off AU people. Are you aware that a bunch of lsu fans had t-shirts made with a young child flipping a bird with a negative statement about AU underneath it and wore it to the last game at AU? I know some say they did it in response to the rumor. To me the t-shirt is as bad or worse than what the rumor was about and was beyond classless, but oh well.

:lsu:

I drop in every now and then for a visit. But sometimes it is diffcult, because I'm subjected to threads like this one, which only adds to my - and probably all Louisianians- inferiority complex. As most of you rightly recognize, all of us in La. are nothing but uneducated, crass, crude, classless swamp-dwellers are rednecks. But you have to understand, we're just a poor state without the abundant wealth that you'll find in states like MS. or ALA. As a result, we don't have the oppurtunity to develop into the well-finished, sophisticated, philanthropic, well-educated types, so commonly encountered in ALA. I've traveled to ALA. on vacation (Orange Beach) and business (hard to believe I got a job with a LA education) and every person from ALA that I came across was gracious, well-mannered, polite and articualte. Despite the LSU license plate on my car, NOBODY made any unwanted gestures or disparaging comments. Given the citizenry of ALA, I can see how you are in a superior position and justly able to criticize the lack of education and class charateristic of all the rednecks and swamp-dwellers that inhabit LA.

Gimme a BREAK!!! Nobody from ALA has any room to criticize LA for a lack of education and class just like nobody from LA has any room to criticize ALA for a lack of education and class. Both states have their share of good and bad. If you think differentl you are deluded.

Don't really see why anyone from LSU would be suprised at negatvity about them on another teams board. Its that way on any teams home board. I'm sure there has been many a thread on a LSU board about how bad, backwards blah blah blah people from Auburn are. I have seen plenty of comments from LSU fans that are negative about Auburn fans and stereotypical on neutral boards.

Why I don't bother to visit or post on other teams boards cause alot of times your just going to be met with hostility. Heck is what just a couple weeks ago that some LSU fan was linking a thread of LSU fans ragging Auburn to this board.

I drop in every now and then for a visit. But sometimes it is diffcult, because I'm subjected to threads like this one, which only adds to my - and probably all Louisianians- inferiority complex. As most of you rightly recognize, all of us in La. are nothing but uneducated, crass, crude, classless swamp-dwellers are rednecks. But you have to understand, we're just a poor state without the abundant wealth that you'll find in states like MS. or ALA. As a result, we don't have the oppurtunity to develop into the well-finished, sophisticated, philanthropic, well-educated types, so commonly encountered in ALA. I've traveled to ALA. on vacation (Orange Beach) and business (hard to believe I got a job with a LA education) and every person from ALA that I came across was gracious, well-mannered, polite and articualte. Despite the LSU license plate on my car, NOBODY made any unwanted gestures or disparaging comments. Given the citizenry of ALA, I can see how you are in a superior position and justly able to criticize the lack of education and class charateristic of all the rednecks and swamp-dwellers that inhabit LA.

Gimme a BREAK!!! Nobody from ALA has any room to criticize LA for a lack of education and class just like nobody from LA has any room to criticize ALA for a lack of education and class. Both states have their share of good and bad. If you think differentl you are deluded.

I personally don't think either state is one up on the other. It is obvious however to anyone not wearing purple and yellow glasses that there are more out of control yahoos that attend lsu games on average than other sec schools. The evidence speaks for itself.

I drop in every now and then for a visit. But sometimes it is diffcult, because I'm subjected to threads like this one, which only adds to my - and probably all Louisianians- inferiority complex. As most of you rightly recognize, all of us in La. are nothing but uneducated, crass, crude, classless swamp-dwellers are rednecks. But you have to understand, we're just a poor state without the abundant wealth that you'll find in states like MS. or ALA.  As a result, we don't have the oppurtunity to develop into the well-finished, sophisticated, philanthropic, well-educated types, so commonly encountered in ALA. I've traveled to ALA. on vacation (Orange Beach) and business (hard to believe I got a job with a LA education) and every person from ALA that I came across was gracious, well-mannered, polite and articualte. Despite the LSU license plate on my car, NOBODY made any unwanted gestures or disparaging comments. Given the citizenry of ALA, I can see how you are in a superior position and justly able to criticize the lack of education and class charateristic of all the rednecks and swamp-dwellers that inhabit LA.

I personally don't think either state is one up on the other. It is obvious however to anyone not wearing purple and yellow glasses that there are more out of control yahoos that attend lsu games on average than other sec schools. The evidence speaks for itself.

Evidence or hear say? If it's evidence than please provide it. Thanks.

And just to support what I said above, low and behold a hated fan poll on a LSU board with Auburn in the lead. :lol:

http://mb2.theinsiders.com/flsu55929frm1.s...&pollResults=on

The poll you linked leads me to believe that *some* LSU "fans on the net go beyond smack talk and try to demean other SEC fans. They seem obsessed with character assassination. They remind me of Democrats."

I drop in every now and then for a visit. But sometimes it is diffcult, because I'm subjected to threads like this one, which only adds to my - and probably all Louisianians- inferiority complex. As most of you rightly recognize, all of us in La. are nothing but uneducated, crass, crude, classless swamp-dwellers are rednecks. But you have to understand, we're just a poor state without the abundant wealth that you'll find in states like MS. or ALA.  As a result, we don't have the oppurtunity to develop into the well-finished, sophisticated, philanthropic, well-educated types, so commonly encountered in ALA. I've traveled to ALA. on vacation (Orange Beach) and business (hard to believe I got a job with a LA education) and every person from ALA that I came across was gracious, well-mannered, polite and articualte. Despite the LSU license plate on my car, NOBODY made any unwanted gestures or disparaging comments. Given the citizenry of ALA, I can see how you are in a superior position and justly able to criticize the lack of education and class charateristic of all the rednecks and swamp-dwellers that inhabit LA.

See my previous post it is full of facts that give the evidence you are looking for. I guess you are one of those denying the van fire happened. Anyways go back to where I responded to your last post and the facts are there. Discount the fire if you like. There is plenty of other evidence. I mean when the police chief writes a letter to AU suggesting students not wear their colors to a college fb game to ensure their safety, what is up with that? Why would they do that??? I've never heard of that happening at another school have you?????? When the police feel it is necessary to plant undercover cops wearing AU colors to discourage harrassment of Au fans they OBVIOUSLY felt it was necessary to take very unusual steps to protect the AU people. I wonder why that is?????? Actually I know why that happened and so do RATIONAL lsu fans.

Did you notice the LSU poll was a "hate" poll whereas our poll is a "worst fan" poll. There is a big difference. In reading some of the lsu fan responses I did not see any of them where they had a bad experience in Auburn. A team's most "hated" rival is usually one that whips their a$$ more than they get whipped....hmmmm..no wonder they hate us more tham bama!

And just to support what I said above, low and behold a hated fan poll on a LSU board with Auburn in the lead. :lol:

The only thing that supports is all those overly exaggerated horror stories about Baton Rouge from some AU fans has led to some LSU fans hating the perpetrators of the propaganda. No other school has said such outlandish comments so frequently and on such a demeaning level. Now why is that?

And just to support what I said above, low and behold a hated fan poll on a LSU board with Auburn in the lead.  :lol:

The only thing that supports is all those overly exaggerated horror stories about Baton Rouge from some AU fans has led to some LSU fans hating the perpetrators of the propaganda. No other school has said such outlandish comments so frequently and on such a demeaning level. Now why is that?

You are a homer of epic proportions.

I for one do not harbor any hate whatsoever for lsu fans or fans of any other team.

You guys just won a mnc. When are you going to get over this inferiority complex????

And just to support what I said above, low and behold a hated fan poll on a LSU board with Auburn in the lead.  :lol:

Apparently the police in baton rouge have fallen victim to these "rumors". Either that or they are wasting money on extra security procedures. You do see that your argument is being shredded by simple logic don't you?

See my previous post it is full of facts that give the evidence you are looking for. I guess you are one of those denying the van fire happened. Anyways go back to where I responded to your last post and the facts are there. Discount the fire if you like. There is plenty of other evidence. I mean when the police chief writes a letter to AU suggesting students not wear their colors to a college fb game to ensure their safety, what is up with that? Why would they do that??? I've never heard of that happening at another school have you?????? When the police feel it is necessary to plant undercover cops wearing AU colors to discourage harrassment of Au fans they OBVIOUSLY felt it was necessary to take very unusual steps to protect the AU people. I wonder why that is?????? Actually I know why that happened and so do RATIONAL lsu fans.

I don't see that as evidence. I see that as hear say.

I'm not denying anything. If I see a newspaper account or something similar I will be more apt to believe it. Until then I'm going by my experiences of going to LSU games for the past 20 years or so. I don't believe everything I read on the net and I find it very suspicious the vast majority of these claims are derived from AU fans.

I've never seen a Bama fan, Ole Miss fan, GA fan, or any fan say they were scared to come to Baton Rouge. Not once.

Apparently the police in baton rouge have fallen victim to these "rumors". Either that or they are wasting money on extra security procedures. You do see that your argument is being shredded by simple logic don't you?

Why are you confusing logic with hear say?

SEC, are you the same guy on ESPN's boards? Please say yes...oh good lord I missed seeing you after you talk last pre-season

Nope, that is not me.

Bo,

Both of those are opinion pieces written in an Auburn newspaper.

Again, I am not saying ANYTHING people are saying here is untrue. I will leave that up to other people to debate. He said She said is useless.

But those two articles, one is an opinon, the other is an opinion what might happen. I think what this person is seeking an actual article in a Non-bias newspaper about this.

As far as the Van I think we all know that happened. even I do.

And whoever did that should be prosecuted.

Mr. Corndog man

I may be wrong but listen up for a sec. All teams have their fans that are just "that guy". These type of fans of course are not exactly evenly distributed throughout the SEC. So yeah there probably are alot of not so great fans all around the south, but you have to admit that there is a bit more at that LSWho school of yours, maybe a 3:1 ratio or so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word to ya mutha B)

Why would we make s**t up just so we can make some big college football conspiracy against LSU now who sounds like the liberals. It's rediculous that ya'll think that we would just make all the stuff up. Everything I have heard has been from people who have been there and WOULD NOT lie just so we could all spread it around that LSU has bad fans. It's not like it's going to stop anyone from going to your games so what does it matter. Why do you care if we don't like your fans.

Archived