TV announced for 1st 3 weeks of season

buzzurd24

I'm glad the State game is early. I'd rather get the early kickoff on the road. Takes the home crowd out of the game.

I hope our trend of playing sloppy in the early games comes to an end this season. It's gonna be hot in Starkpatch and we'll be coming off a tough game in the dome. We better wake up ready to play that morning!

I hope our trend of playing sloppy in the early games comes to an end this season. It's gonna be hot in Starkpatch and we'll be coming off a tough game in the dome. We better wake up ready to play that morning!

Good Grief. I see someone is still beating that mythical drum.

It looks like my first trip to Starkville will be a breakfast and Bloody Mary tailgate.

Cheer up! My first trip to Starkville was with the AU Livestock Judging team. The place was so dead that weekend that we ended up buying a second-hand deck of cards from a clerk in a drugstore to have some way to pass the time.

Athens was better, they had topless dancers in the Boar's Head lounge...

Easy. I'm from Starkville. Great people and amazingly, there are bars and places to go out now. One of my best friends is mayor. He and the new MSU president have done a great job developing the place. If you haven't been in the last five years, I promise the area around campus and down University/Main Street is completely different.

Easy. I'm from Starkville. Great people and amazingly, there are bars and places to go out now. One of my best friends is mayor. He and the new MSU president have done a great job developing the place. If you haven't been in the last five years, I promise the area around campus and down University/Main Street is completely different.

Five years? I haven't been there since 1969! :)

Go back! I won't promise Athens, but hell, if that's the comparison point, Auburn is a let down too. There are enough bars and stuff in Starkville now to punch in the same weight class as Oxford or probably even Auburn.

I was hoping for a later ULM game. We're going down for that one from NC and was hoping to have an afternoon game...oh well...

Yeah, I think the opportunity to have the game televised drove the bus on the kick time. I have to assume it would've been late afternoon otherwise.

In the past it's often been the case that the season was several weeks old before we had any idea as to how things were going to play out, but there are a lot of critical games early this year it seems. AL/Mich, AU/Clem, AU/MissST (always the 2nd week it seems), AL/Ark, just to name a few. We should be getting an idea early on about how good or not so good several teams are.

Archived