Johnnie Farms

AUSportTalk

Well it looks like Johnnie Farms is in Auburn right now and having a wonderful time already. I looks more and more like he will be headed here. We shall see but things look really good for the home team!!

AuSportTalk I had all but given up any hope of getting Johnnie Farms. I sure hope we can get him. We need linemen like him very badly.

Clint Moseley is telling friends that OL Johnnie Farms committed to Auburn coaches during his weekend visit. He has stated that he will not announce his decision until Wednesday.

posted on another message boards. if true this sounds great. any one hearing same

Yeah i saw where he is leaning toward UNC but im gonna try to get ahold of him. I will post something if I am about to get in touch with him.

Bryan Mathews reported last night that he believes Auburn may have never given Farms a "true" offer.  He said they are focusing on tackles and that Farms is clearly a guard.  This was very surprising to hear but I will trust the guys that know what they are doing.

Bryan went on to say that they would be more focused on guards next year.  I am starting to believe this may be true after hearing how great of a time he had here up until Saturday night when he decided not to go out with everyone else and just stayed in his room.  Then, Sunday morning, he really didn't act like he wanted to talk to anyone when he left.  IMO, it is all starting to make a little sense now.

Well then why did we invite Farms over if we were not going to offer?  Seems cruel.  Hope it was his decision (though wish we would have gotten him).

Well, Farms may be a good guy overall, but switching from S. Car. to UNC and a late visit to AU while giving many persons indication that he was committing to AU (e.g. Clint Moseley) tells you that he is wishy-washy...But, he's young, and if it's the best decision for him, then so be it.

Visiting different places is fine, but what you say does make a difference about your character...Telling people you loved the school and the visit is one thing; telling every school you visit you're committing to them is another...

I agree ausbest14, its one thing to be all happy and nice, and a completely different and confusing thing when you make misleading and suggestive comments...I know its not like an official or verbal commitment, but I dont think any of us appreciate it. I guess its all part of the drama of recruiting season...

Archived