Message to Oku, Brown and other RB prospects

auburn4ever

This is from auburntron.com It gave me chill bumps thinking about this.

In the last years, only Michigan and Nebraska have fielded more 1000-yard rushers than Auburn. Every Auburn running back that has rushed for 1000-yards has been drafted into the NFL:

Joe Cribbs

James Brooks

Bo Jackson

Brent Fullwood

James Bostic

Stephen Davis

Rudi Johnson

Ronnie Brown

Carnell Williams

Kenny Irons

Since 1970, Auburn running backs have been drafted into the NFL. Not included in the above list of 1000-yard rushers but good enough to be drafted into the NFL:

Mike Zofko

Williams Andrews

Chester Willis

George Peoples

Lionel James

Tim Jessie

Tommy Agee (FB)

Reggie Ware (FB)

James Joseph

Kevin McLeod (FB)

Fred Beasley

Heath Evans (FB)

During this current decade, an Auburn running back has rushed for 100-yards in a game on occasions.

Gus Malzahn will be the offensive coordinator at Auburn for the 2009 season. He also believes in a strong running game. In 2006 as the offensive coordinator at Arkansas, the Razorbacks had thirteen (13) 100-yard games by a running back. In 2007 as the offensive coordinator at Tulsa, the Golden Hurricane had eight (8) 100-yard performances and eight (8) again in 2008. There is a reason why many consider Auburn, “Running back U” and you now have the opportunity to carry on the tradition.

Good stuff!

Whenever I see lists of AU RBs, I always think of the unsung OL that drove those great rushing attacks.

:wedance:

Archived