Bryce Brown update

AUSportTalk

Brown will be taking a visit to Tennessee this weekend. He will visit one more school the weekend of the 28th. He has narrowed that list down to LSU, Miami, or USC. It looks like Auburn is out of it but Brown isn't making his decision until Thursday March 12th.

I just heard from a guy that is friends with Bryce on facebook and he just talked to him a few minutes ago.  He said that he talked with Curtis Luper for a good while yesterday and really appreciated the time and effort that he had put in and the relationship that they developed in that time.  He went on to say that he also felt he was being led somewhere else to play, so it looks like we are officially out of the Bryce Brown Sweepstakes.  This may not be a bad thing, though.  He is one hell of a talent, but there are lots of Auburn people who share a very leery feeling about him having a relationship with a mentor/agent or whatever you want to label the guy. Folks are scared that it could turn into trouble, if you catch my drift.

Not only do we have a very leery feeling about him and his relationship with some mentor/agent or what not, but this could help our chances in signing Oku.

• 2 weeks later...

Bryce Brown is supposed to visit LSU on his final visit this weekend.....im not sure if he showed up or not. I heard that Miami is losing interests very, very fast for Brown.

Maybe we could get Bo to go talk to David. That would help us.

Thats against the rules.  Reggie Bush got USC in trouble for that two years ago when they were recruiting Joe McKnight.

But there really isnt any reason that Oku wouldnt come to Auburn.  He was apparently a Tennessee fan from the beginning but Lane Kiffin put a damper on that so come on over to the Plains :)

Archived