Marcus Lattimore and Solomon Patton

Wareagle3720

Yeah i feel great about Patton.....I also feel great about Lattimore if he gives us a great chance. I hope they both come sometime during spring practice

IMO, Lattimore should be our #1 RB target for 2010. This guy is unreal. ML or Lache Seastrunk (if we have a snowball's chance at either one of them).......

I am friends with Tyrik Rollison on facebook and I was reading some comments and Marcus Lattimorre said this:

wasup homie? I talk to coach luper about u he spoke highly of u and i already know u a beast.....what your cell number?

So maybe they will become friends and we will have a amazing backfield

First of all, I admit I have never see ML play live, and his you tube highlight video is nice, (It's nice to see the 4-6 yrd runs on the highlight tape and not just the long runs, because that is when you can tell the true calliber of a RB-IMO) but I have been lucky to witness Seastrunk live the past few years and to witness his progression into a complete back has been amazing. I think that he should be the back that is #1 on our board for '10.  Unfortunately, I believe that he is UT's (the unglier orange) to lose.  The way our O performs this year will be crucial in swaying his decision, but I believe with the coaches that CGC brought in we can go toe to toe with any school in the recruiting wars. We will have a wonderful class with or without either of these younge men.

WDE from Texas

I am in no way knocking Seastrunk. I would take him in a heartbeat. I agree with you, he seems to be a complete back. I just think that he will go to Texas or somewhere else. I think our chances may be a little better at landing Lattimore, that's why I suggested that we make him our #1 RB priority. (Talent, size, speed, they both seem to have all the intangibles, and would be homeruns either way.)

I am in no way knocking Seastrunk. I would take him in a heartbeat. I agree with you, he seems to be a complete back. I just think that he will go to Texas or somewhere else. I think our chances may be a little better at landing Lattimore, that's why I suggested that we make him our #1 RB priority. (Talent, size, speed, they both seem to have all the intangibles, and would be homeruns either way.)

I completely see where you are coming from and I agree we do have a better chance at landing one of the others. I like Dyer...alot, but I think Storm is a dark horse, and he might be a little bit better as far as having a little more size and what, to me, on videos I have watched, might be a little more top end speed or maybe he just gets there a little faster. I also like the way Storm explodes to and through the line, a real down hill runner. Then again in CGM's O we might not necessary need that type of back, but I think it would be a mistake to not have at least one or two of that type of back in our stable.

Lattimore is unreal..Ive been to some of his games when he plays local teams and have been to Byrnes for others...

Ive also met him at a training facility here in Greenville ....He can FLY...He has been contacted by alot of teams and Auburn will have to work hard to get this guy...

I spoke with Solomon Patton's Girlfriend the other day, and she stated that he was excited about getting an offer from Auburn.  Again, everytime I see the guy he is in Auburn Attire.  She also said that he has offers from practically every big time college.  He is looking for AU to recruit him hard.  War Eagle.

I spoke with Solomon Patton's Girlfriend the other day, and she stated that he was excited about getting an offer from Auburn.  Again, everytime I see the guy he is in Auburn Attire.  She also said that he has offers from practically every big time college.  He is looking for AU to recruit him hard.  War Eagle.

thanks for sharing the info  :thumbsup:  this is good news confirming that Patton is high on Auburn! WAR EAGLE!

We will sign Seastrunk. Done deal. CCL's dad is the kids preacherman!!! Do you know how huge that is? Done deal. Write it down, Patches Ohoolahan declares that Lache Sistrunk is a Tiger!

haha,... I hope to God you're right!!!! If so,.... Ohoolahan Rules, or is that O'doyle?

We will sign Seastrunk. Done deal. CCL's dad is the kids preacherman!!! Do you know how huge that is? Done deal. Write it down, Patches Ohoolahan declares that Lache Sistrunk is a Tiger!

from your mouth to God's ears!

My wife talked with a guy today that knows Solomon pretty well, and he stated that he thought Patton was leaning to the Gators.  Dont know how credible he is? I hope he is wrong!

Spoke with a Byrnes booster last night and he believes Marcus Lattimore is Clemsons to lose and that UNC is his back up...He wont go far from home...Eventhough Auburn is about as close as Chapel Hill

So between Lache Seastrunk, Marcus Lattimore, Micheal Dyer, Corey Grant, and Storm Johnson, we've got 5 possible top signees at RB, 3 of them are in the top ten list of overall recruits (Dyer, Lattimore, and Seastrunk)

Add that to the RBs we'll have in 2010: Mario Fannin, Eric Smtih, Onterio McCalleb, Dontae Ayecock and possibly add to that Demond Washington.

Is there such thing as TOO many good backs?

FWIW, I was told that Lattimore was a So Carolina lean,... oh well. Guess that just shows that right now, everything is just speculation. I hate to hear that about Patton though.

IMO, we need to focus on signing either Seastrunk, Dyer, or Johnson this year, that would be HUGE. And IMO, the answer to the question about too many good backs, is a bit fat HELL NO!! LOL!! Not in this offense anyway. Too many scenarios for them to get the ball, too many plays being ran for them not to be utilized in some sense or fashion.

Archived