First Annual "Big Cats" Recruiting Weekend Round Up Part One

AUSportTalk

Seastrunk and Reed would be huge, but i don't think Reed commits until after Seastrunk does, just so he can potentially follow his "brother".  And I don't think Seastrunk commits til much later in the process.  The big guys always wait til the end, hopefully it will be different, but it just always ends up that way. 

Sporttalk, do you know if Milliner was invited, but just didn't come or if he just doesn't have much interest in committing here? 

Thanks.

Sporttalk, do you know if Milliner was invited, but just didn't come or if he just doesn't have much interest in committing here? 

Thanks.

I think he was invited but had prior plans that is the reason he visited by himself last weekend. He def has interests but I have heard from several people that too many hometown people are in his ear about going to the Darkside. If it was up to him, he would be an Auburn Tiger!

Lache isnt going to commit until the Army game. However he was quoted this weekend as saying something along the lines of " yall going to be surprised where I go at the Army game. Yall will be happy."

Am I the only one that doubts Trovon Reed is going anywhere but LSU? Then he says that he and Lache ARE going to the same school.... doesn't sound to great

Reed seemed excited last night at Toomer's Corner. I think if we get Lache we have more than a good shot at getting Reed.  He seemed confident that he and Lache were going to play together in college.

IMO, if Lache comes to Auburn so does Trovon. We shall see but I really think both of them will be playing for Auburn in 2010.

**I have talked to Lache on several occasions and he hasn't told me anything that makes me believe that he won't be an Auburn Tiger next year.

SportTalk do you happen to know what happened between Steve Lattimore and a guy from Scout Saturday night? He seemed to be upset.  I couldn't tell what happened but he and a guy from Auburn were talking about it and the guy from Auburn said he would get it touch him with because it upset him as well.

SportTalk do you happen to know what happened between Steve Lattimore and a guy from Scout Saturday night? He seemed to be upset.  I couldn't tell what happened but he and a guy from Auburn were talking about it and the guy from Auburn said he would get it touch him with because it upset him as well.

WOW! I am not sure....I will try to find out but I know one thing some of the pay sites really push the recruits and their families to the limit trying to get interviews and things like that. It really irritates a lot of them. Who knows? If I find out I will def come post it.

Thanks.

I think he was invited but had prior plans that is the reason he visited by himself last weekend. He def has interests but I have heard from several people that too many hometown people are in his ear about going to the Darkside. If it was up to him, he would be an Auburn Tiger!

Sucks to do that to a high school kid, this is his choice and his life!  I heard rumblings that Saban may try to counteract the Big Cat Weekend and push him to make a decision sooner than later.  Hope it isn't true, but I guess we will see.

I am hearing the same thing and I say so what.  Let them blow their whole wad now and they will have no big ammo later in the game when we are racking up the real big ones that I truly believe are Auburn bound.

I am hearing the same thing and I say so what.  Let them blow their whole wad now and they will have no big ammo later in the game when we are racking up the real big ones that I truly believe are Auburn bound.

Dude, I hope you are "in the know", since you are making such bold statements  ;) That would be freakin' AUsome to land the "big ones"...

I'm not making any bold statements.  It is just what I am hearing which seems to be pretty common knowledge amongst the folks i talk with.  I sure hope it's all true!  I like to think I have some decent sources, anyways.

Dude, I hope you are "in the know", since you are making such bold statements  ;) That would be freakin' AUsome to land the "big ones"...

Agree with waraueagle, based on what we are hearing right now, you can't help but think we are at the top of their lists.  There is still a lot of time for these kids to change their minds, but starting at the top is an quite a good situation to be in. 

WOW! I am not sure....I will try to find out but I know one thing some of the pay sites really push the recruits and their families to the limit trying to get interviews and things like that. It really irritates a lot of them. Who knows? If I find out I will def come post it.

I wonder if it is common for reporters (that are linked to a particular school) to have a bad or good influence on a recruit.  Lets just say that the AUBURN guy for Scouts really irritates a recruit (constantly calling, etc.) and then the opposite goes for Turd Scout guy with him hitting it off good with the same recruit.  Could that have an influence?  That is scary.

I wonder if it is common for reporters (that are linked to a particular school) to have a bad or good influence on a recruit.  Lets just say that the AUBURN guy for Scouts really irritates a recruit (constantly calling, etc.) and then the opposite goes for Turd Scout guy with him hitting it off good with the same recruit.  Could that have an influence?  That is scary.

I very seriously doubt it but you never know this day in time. You would think if a recruit had a serious problem with a reporter they would tell the coach and then in return they would tell the reporter to back off a little.

I would definitely hope so.  But you never know when you would have a Turd in disguise.  Oh well surely the recruit could see past that if it were to happen. 

Archived