Auburn Offers 2011 QB

bow9den

You'll have to forgive me, but being only 16 years old, I wasn't really that into football during the Dameyune Craig regime, though I know the name well, I was only about 6 years old. I didn't really start getting into football until Tubberville came to Auburn, because my dad made such a big deal out of all the Bowden-Oliver drama of the 1998 debacle.

Is there a modern day equivalent that I might have seen play from any team?

he actually looks a lot like Chris Leak that played at florida.  He is probably a little faster than leak but they have similar body type and very strong arms.  this kid looks to have a more traditional throwing motion than leak so might have even more zip on the ball. 

This kid looks like a stud!!! I hope that is the same HS Malzahn coached at, if my memory serves me correctly, I too believe it was. If so, this could give us the upper leg needed to land him. Here's to hoping,..... WDE!!!

Yes, Malzahn won a state championship or two while he was at Springdale before moving up to Arkansas.

I haven't watched the video on this kid yet, but the closest thing I can come up with in lines of a recent quarterback like Daymeune Craig is Pat White...he was an excellent college quarterback with good speed whose talents didn't translate well into the NFL. Craig was a star in NFL Europe for a few years, but never made it above third string on this side of the Atlantic.

What's the deal SportsTalk? Is he Rollison-type material?

I saw him play in the camp last week and he is def worth offering IMO. He is a very good looking QB and can only get better. Malzahn loves his skills and he has great mechanics to only be 16. Looks like a great one to me.

Archived