Is it time for a new coach?

gAUlf

Waller, Lett and Knox were all JC transfers. They are seniors this year.

Oh my god here we go again with this crap. Lebo is a fine coach and he will be here a long time.

Has anybody noticed that we are playing a pretty good bit of freshman this year? We did the same thing last year and went on to win 14 of our last 16 games,

Please be patient

two of our starters are seniors (hargrove and reed) waller is a sophomore along with lett and knox... i dont see that many freshman.. and frankie sullivan is also a sophomore.. no freshmen there...

i think i'll stay on the football blogs.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will not have another season like we did last year. The reason is..... Lebo can't coach. I've watched to many games where he makes no adjustments throughout entire games. He doesn't draw up plays during time outs. He WASTES useful game time. Everyone keeps asking who are we gonna get, like Lebo was a big name to begin with. I never agree with firing someone in the middle of the year, but that doesn't mean we can't start window shopping for someone else now.

I disagree with this... I will concede that Lebo has not been one of the best recruiters but just can't say he's not a good coach... Defensively I think he's one of the best coaches in the country. We are usually in the top three in steals in the SEC. We also force plenty of turnovers. Unfortunately offensively we are very streaky... But still he turned Korvotney Barber a power forward into an SEC center that was the only player to average a double double. I think we have to be patient and yes I understand  he's been here 6 years but these days schools seem to fire guys after 2 or 3 years instead of being patient and letting the coaches build some consistency. This year we may not be as solid as last year but with the young guys we have and the recruiting class he's bringing in along with the new arena I feel like we are just about to turn the corner.  :wareagle:

Yeah like tonight despite horrendous officiating we came up short, there is no room for moral victories or building this or that  I think 1 more year to see if we get some recruiting momentum from this years class but after that...

I have a question. Will our new arena do any of the coaching for next year? I keep reading that the new arena will help turn things around and good things are just around the corner.

I'm done, you can only make excuses so long.  We have be rebuilding for a while now and we haven't made any strides yet.  I'm a big fan of Lebo, I wish it could have worked out for him here. I will be a fan of his at his next stop.  This hill was just to big for him to climb right now. It's time for AU to make a change to go along with this new wonderful arena.

I have been a Lebo fan but this is the last straw for me.  First Troy and now allowing  over 100 points tonight.  This is enough. We will not win a SEC game. They should start looking for a replacement for the end of this season if not before.

If a change is to be made, who would you hope jj would hire? please post your list. Thank you. I Bobby Knight because is he knows how to win even though I don't like all that other crap he does. Maybe coach K. lol

I hope your joking with Knight. He's gotta be like 80 now right? My first choice would still be Mike Anderson, although he has a high buyout at Mizzou. I would like to see JJ make a big splash with a new coach and after last nights embaressment I hope he starts window shopping soon.

guerra i was gonna ask you where you stood after the other nights game. i see your still keeping the faith (although you may be manning that boat yourself.) hey, for what its worth i hope you get to tell me a big i told ya so at the end of the year.

Gaulf, I am very dissapointed in the losses this year

im simply asking that maybe we save this discussion for later in the year... if we have a horrible record 2 months from now then I think I would have a better observation on what "I" think.

but I have said in other posts that I know I might be fighting a losing battle asking for patience on this season.

our guys won 14 of the last 16 games last year. It can be turned around, but Will it? probably not.

Im with you guys... I know how it looks now, but I would really kick myself in the butt if I called for Lebos head now, and some how these guys turn it around later on... what kind of fan would that make me?

If this same topic is going to come up in 2 months, then why not wait and discuss it then?

or maybe we can start the longest thread ever on Auburneagle... and stretch this thing out forever!

we are doing good so far!

jk Im sure we can sticky it or lock it down and defnitely continue again soon

I agree with most on here. I like Lebo but its not working out. I dont see any miraculous turn around this season. I would like to give him one more year with the decent class and the new arena but we have to do whats best for Auburn basketball not whats fair for Lebo. I would like to see Auburn go after Steve Alford (New Mexico), Mark Turgeon (Texas A&M), Brad Stevens (Butler), and Mike Anderson (Missouri). We shouldnt settle for just anybody. I am really excited about Steve Alfano. We need someone that will bring energy and excitement to Auburn basketball.

I cant argue with you... your points are valid, I guess I am fighting a lost cause... Id like Lebo to stay... but I trust Jacobs to do whats best for the program.

WAR DAMN EAGLE GUYS

New Arena = better days ahead

Im not the biggest Jay Jacobs fan either. When Chizik was hired I thought it wasnt bad but wasnt great just an ok hire. Lets face it one year is not enough to rate Chizik yet. 7-5 is a turn around from 5-7 but any 7-5 year is not acceptable to me. I think Chizik has the ability to have Auburn real competative but lets rate him this time next year. I also would have hired Anderson over Lebo. JJ has no enthusiasm and sometimes he seems like a mindless zombie.

Archived