Is it time for a new coach?

gAUlf

If Lebo doesn't make some serious progress in SEC play then I don't expect Auburn to keep him around for the 2010-11 season

I agree, ST...I hate to see him go, because I honestly like him.  I just do not think he has improved the team in his tenure here.

I don't know who we could get, but it would have to wait till after the season is over anyways. 

:dunno:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lebos gotta go

GOTTA GO! i love the guy. he's a great man but ... he's not the guy we need to win sec championships in basketball.

as long as Calipari is at Kentucky... its going to be hard for any of the SEC teams to win a championship

I really thought this year would be Auburn's year to be considered 'good' basketball team. Now they are just same, decent, not good but not too bad basketball team. I'd love to get Mike Anderson from Missouri. But let's wait until the end of season to discuss. Who knows maybe we're going to win SEC champs? That's why there are about 25 games left to be played.

lebos gotta go

GOTTA GO! i love the guy. he's a great man but ... he's not the guy we need to win sec championships in basketball.

as long as Calipari is at Kentucky... its going to be hard for any of the SEC teams to win a championship

the way calipari's team looked today against Georgia.. its not as difficult as it sounds

I was at Beard-Eaves for the SC game and I was not at all impressed with our team.  I was hoping that we would build on last years success, but we did not look like a good basketball team today

I was at Beard-Eaves for the SC game and I was not at all impressed with our team.  I was hoping that we would build on last years success, but we did not look like a good basketball team today

The loss of Barber and Barrett have hurt us.

The loss of Barber and Barrett have hurt us.

Yea, Barber was the key to last year's success. Regardless, Lebo may be a great person and all, but he is a terrible coach. The only reason we had success last year is because the players did it (all by themselves). Lebo's gameplans have remained the same throughout his whole tenure.... shoot 40 threes a game, sit on the sidelines not coaching, and play 5-6 guys no matter what the score is. This guy is not the coach for AU. We might not be able to pull in a big name coach like many of you keep saying, but my only question is... what kind of a name does Lebo have anyway? He has had far to much time to make ANY improvement and the brief amount of light shown at the end of last year is long gone now.

I'd love to get Mike Anderson from Missouri.

Something tells me if Georgia couldn't convince him, we surely won't be able to get him.

"On March 31, 2009, Anderson signed a 7-year extension to stay with the University of Missouri, passing up an offer from the University of Georgia.  After the extension Mike Anderson will make around 1.6 Million dollars as his base salary and have a chance to earn over 2.2 Million with incentives. The offer Anderson reportedly turned down from Georgia was worth more than 2 Million a year."

I don't know who we could get, but like it has been stated, we may as well wait until the end of the season.  Nothing can be done at this point.

:dunno:

Im bringing my son Ross to the Ky game next weekend...In reality we are coming to watch Ky...But we are hoping for an upset...Playing golf Sunday at RTJ then 4 hr drive home...I have done dumber things in my life...

War Eagle

I'm from Lexington, Ky and grew up a UK basketball fan but I went to Auburn so Illd efinitely be watching. I dont know if any of you have been keeping up with UK this season but I have and if they are playing well they are going to beat AU by 30 points or more. It will be just plain all around embarrassing.  I started attending AU in 98 and we used to have a good team in the late 90s and early 00s and it used to be so much fun talking smack to my friends back in Ky about how Auburn would beat UK and we used to at least have a chance. Now, I dont even bother texting them because its not even a competitive game anymore.  Auburn is freaking terrible.  Last year was a fluke because we had 2 special seniors that actually cared about winning and giving effort and they coached and played themselves into wins with no help from Lebo and we still lost a lot of games and didnt make the tourney. This year has just been one big disaster again and UK is going to run them out of the gym on trauma crash carts. IT IS PAST TIME FOR LEBO TO BE FIRED!! HE HAS TAKEN WHAT CLIFF ELLIS BUILT AND BURNED IT TO THE GROUND!  FIRE LEBO NOW AND START LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT.  We need all the head start we can get for recruiting purposes alone.  Every year some moron somewhere starts this rumor that Lebo is putting together a great recruiting class and every year it is a complete lie.   

I'm from Lexington, Ky and grew up a UK basketball fan but I went to Auburn so Illd efinitely be watching. I dont know if any of you have been keeping up with UK this season but I have and if they are playing well they are going to beat AU by 30 points or more. It will be just plain all around embarrassing.   I started attending AU in 98 and we used to have a good team in the late 90s and early 00s and it used to be so much fun talking smack to my friends back in Ky about how Auburn would beat UK and we used to at least have a chance. Now, I dont even bother texting them because its not even a competitive game anymore.  Auburn is freaking terrible.  Last year was a fluke because we had 2 special seniors that actually cared about winning and giving effort and they coached and played themselves into wins with no help from Lebo and we still lost a lot of games and didnt make the tourney. This year has just been one big disaster again and UK is going to run them out of the gym on trauma crash carts. IT IS PAST TIME FOR LEBO TO BE FIRED!! HE HAS TAKEN WHAT CLIFF ELLIS BUILT AND BURNED IT TO THE GROUND!  FIRE LEBO NOW AND START LOOKING FOR A REPLACEMENT.  We need all the head start we can get for recruiting purposes alone.  Every year some moron somewhere starts this rumor that Lebo is putting together a great recruiting class and every year it is a complete lie.   

I could not agree with you more, brother!  Every year it is always, OMG...do you see what Lebo has coming in?  Enough is enough!  Get a good coach in here who will take us to the next level.  I so miss the Ellis days when people feared AU on the schedule.

Bring back AU to BB respectability, PLEASE!!!!!

I agree with most of everyone's post here.  Lebo is a good guy but we have been even more consistenly inconsistent with him.  At least with Ellis, we had a good year every 3-4 years, 1998, 1999, 2003.  We have not had one year like those under Lebo.  I just think we missed with him and it is time to move on.  The year is early and remember last year, we surprised a lot during the SEC schedule but I don't have the faith after seeing some of our losses this year.  War Eagle!

lebos gotta go

SWest,a few observations that support your "gotta go" statement. 1.AU cannot lose to Troy on homecourt(JL did),2.cannot lose to Sam Houston State on homecourt(JL did),3.AU hoops team cannot shoot free throws(haven't benn able to since JL got here),4.self imposed probation(recruiting players that were either bad seeds or unable to get in AU),5. and lastly,has anyone ever met JL outside of Auburn.I live in the SE part of the state and he's never been close enough to go meet.  I'm with you-he has had enough time to show what he's got(see above).GOTTA GO!!! BTW,I do support the kids on the team and always will. WDE

Archived