did anyone notice

wareaglefan444

that todds arm today seemed well rested and alive.i did not notice one underthrown ball today.just think if his shoulder would have stayed strong all year,the season we could have had

I don't think it's fair to put that on Todd, but it was nice to see him rested, that's for sure.

I don't think it's fair to put that on Todd, but it was nice to see him rested, that's for sure.

not tryin to make it todds fault but i do think play calling scaled back as the year went on because of that "SHOULDER"

Hmmm.....I don't remember his arm being any different. He made some poor decisions/throws this year, but I don't think there was a noticeable difference in arm strength.  

Yeah, I think it was more mental fatigue than shoulder fatigue.

I thought he lost a lot of zip on the ball as the season progressed. I for one won't miss him. I appreciate everything he did for Auburn and I am aware that he holds the single season TD record, but I won't miss his concrete legs or his poor mechanics (threw a ton of balls off his back foot). BTW, I don't see that TD record holding up much longer. Not in this offense and the receiving corp we have coming back and committed to us at the moment.

No, it was clearly is shoulder every since the AU vs Vols game.

Maybe I'm missing something. I watched everyone of his passes this year and I didn't see a noticeable difference.

Now, granted, I wasn't really watching to see how much pop he had on the ball after the first few games, but I certainly didn't notice any drop off. I mean, was his arm tired when he threw for over 200 against Ole Miss?

I thought he lost a lot of zip on the ball as the season progressed. I for one won't miss him. I appreciate everything he did for Auburn and I am aware that he holds the single season TD record, but I won't miss his concrete legs or his poor mechanics (threw a ton of balls off his back foot). BTW, I don't see that TD record holding up much longer. Not in this offense and the receiving corp we have coming back and committed to us at the moment.

That record will be bye bye in the next few years... I agree Todd didnt really fit in the system but he did alot for us this year

Maybe I'm missing something. I watched everyone of his passes this year and I didn't see a noticeable difference.

I can remember the play. I think it may of effected his physical ability for only two games, but it effected more of his mental state until the Ole Miss game.

The play that I am referring to was a hit made after the pass during the Vols game that he landed on his throwing shoulder in the 3rd quarter. Very similar to the one that Bradford suffered, only Todd didnt ride for 5 yards after the hit.

Early in the game he underthrew several that Darvin Adams had to dig out - our 1st first down and the one on 4th down that the officials/replay blew.  There was no reason to throw either of them low.

I can remember the play. I think it may of effected his physical ability for only two games, but it effected more of his mental state until the Ole Miss game.

The play that I am referring to was a hit made after the pass during the Vols game that he landed on his throwing shoulder in the 3rd quarter. Very similar to the one that Bradford suffered, only Todd didnt ride for 5 yards after the hit.

:we: I well remember this hit you refer to, I was fearing the worst and waiting on him to get up to see how he moved and threw. I do think it affected him for a while .Maybe soreness and a little injury fear, but overall I think he did as well this year as we could expect and he was certainly a huge part of the success we had this year.In the space of one year remarkable strides have been made.He was a major part of that. :wareagle:

Archived