The Point of Drinking Is to Get Drunk?

Guess Im the only one that likes to get slammed on occasion then. As young teenagers, I think most of us drank specifically to get drunk. I remember not liking the tatse of beer when I was 14 or 15 but me and my buddies would force down about 3 beers and be pretty blitzed. Now I like the taste of most beer. Im not a beer snob either. It's all pretty good to me except for guiness. If Im drinking a dark beer its going to be Newcastle or Bass. Also agree Corona extra is a lot better than light.

I gotta' say, TU21 is ruining my image of him every day. First the picture of him holding up a couple of hotties and now the all night bingers. :D:D:D

You're a freak 21. B)

Ha.. I hear ya ausquire..

B)

Just don't get hammered the night before your game day duties this fall. We need clear heads running this program. B)

On the beer front, I've started trying and enjoying a lot more imports and getting away from the Bud Lites and Michelob Lites. I hate getting sloshed but I do enjoy a few to relax at night.

I'm more of a scotch and port man myself. I am working on a bottle of 12 year old Glenfiddich now. Not a beer man, never acquired the taste for the stuff. I do like a pint of Strongbow hard cider from time to time.

Just don't get hammered the night before your game day duties this fall. We need clear heads running this program. B)

On the beer front, I've started trying and enjoying a lot more imports and getting away from the Bud Lites and Michelob Lites. I hate getting sloshed but I do enjoy a few to relax at night.

Cool.. yeah I'm not gonna drink and then go to work.. It would be fun though ha.. Maybe I can just spike the players drinks ha..

WAR EAGLE FOREVER

Have any of you ever made your own beer? I have a good friend who lives in Montgomery who bought a microbrew kit and some of the beer he has made has been much better than any "store bought" that I have ever had.

I do like Amstel beer. Both reg & light. Amstel draft is great. :cheers::cheers:B)B)

Anyone like Kilians?

I haven't had it in a while, but I do like it pretty well. I think stoic is a big fan of it. Another one I really like is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Yum! :beer2:

Have any of you ever made your own beer? I have a good friend who lives in Montgomery who bought a microbrew kit and some of the beer he has made has been much better than any "store bought" that I have ever had.

I do like Amstel beer. Both reg & light. Amstel draft is great. :cheers::cheers:B)B)

I brewed my own beer for several years but got out of it. I actually got pretty good at it and played around with different strains of yeast, hops etc. to try and perfect different beers. I mostly made English style IPA's or ESB's and every once in a while a stout or porter. I made a batch per month or 5 gallons and had a good rotation going. I'd normally have 4 different styles in the fridge at any given time. Now I'm older and lazier and just drive to the brewpub up the road and buy it by the growler. I've still got all the stuff and threaten my wife that I'm going to turn the guest bathroom into a fermentation room AGAIN.

I like the English style beers for the most part but favor Miller Lite when I get done cutting the grass or doing anything involving activity in the sun. Miller Lite pretty much tastes like water when its ice cold and the temperature is 90+ outside.

Have any of you ever made your own beer?

The :corndog: is a serious beer snob - the only domestic beer he drinks (at least when he is sober and conscious of taste) is a microbrew-type or an expensive import (German usually, but he HAS done most of the Drink Around The World at Cooter Browns in New Orleans) (ha) and he actually prefers his own homebrew. He gets recipies at the "beer making stuff" store (for those of you in the Houston area, The Brew Stop on Kuykendahl and 1960) and tries different ones each time. His fav so far is "Almost St. Arnold" (for those of you NOT in Houston, St Arnolds is a local Houston microbrew that is sold only in various locations around TX). The part where he boils the hops STINKS the entire house up, so I get to go shopping on the days he brews. Win-win for everyone. He says that you can't brew beer unless you are also drinking it - that it is a law or something... so he always has fun...

He likes Sierra Nevada, St Paulis Girl (sometimes), Abita (NATURALLY, since he IS a :corndog: , with Turbo Dog being his fav), Dixie Blackened Voodoo (see Abita comment). Spaten is one of his fav German beers.

We have us some alcoholics on the board :P jk guys/gals.

I wish I coudl make my own beer.. I don't have the time though..

Have any of you ever made your own beer?

The :corndog: is a serious beer snob - the only domestic beer he drinks (at least when he is sober and conscious of taste) is a microbrew-type or an expensive import (German usually, but he HAS done most of the Drink Around The World at Cooter Browns in New Orleans) (ha) and he actually prefers his own homebrew. He gets recipies at the "beer making stuff" store (for those of you in the Houston area, The Brew Stop on Kuykendahl and 1960) and tries different ones each time. His fav so far is "Almost St. Arnold" (for those of you NOT in Houston, St Arnolds is a local Houston microbrew that is sold only in various locations around TX). The part where he boils the hops STINKS the entire house up, so I get to go shopping on the days he brews. Win-win for everyone. He says that you can't brew beer unless you are also drinking it - that it is a law or something... so he always has fun...

He likes Sierra Nevada, St Paulis Girl (sometimes), Abita (NATURALLY, since he IS a :corndog: , with Turbo Dog being his fav), Dixie Blackened Voodoo (see Abita comment). Spaten is one of his fav German beers.

Jenny, your hubby is right. You must drink beer while brewing it. You have to free up some bottles for your next batch. I acquired a 5 gallon keg and have been thinking about brewing again and kegging it instead of bottling it. I loved the brewing part but hated the bottling (and the cleaning associated with it).

I bought all my equipment and supplies from this website:

link

The guys that run it are good, knowledgable and quick from my experience. They are more than happy to talk to you if you give them a call with questions.

Dang, I'm thirsty now and its quitin' time!

Crown and Diet Sprite for me.......used to be jack and coke but ive changed and prefer crown now.......if i drink beer i drink Corona or Bud light

Crown and Diet Sprite for me.......used to be jack and coke but ive changed and prefer crown now.......if i drink beer i drink Corona or Bud light

YES.. My kind of woman!!!

Guest AuNuma1

Crown and Diet Sprite...that's funny. ;)

hey if you can save 100 calories why not go for it. Plus diet sprite is all i drink so regular sprite would taste funny to me...

And if you are gonna make fun of me you should add SL in there too for his rum and diet coke. At least im a girl... ;)

Guest AuNuma1
hey if you can save 100 calories why not go for it. Plus diet sprite is all i drink so regular sprite would taste funny to me...

And if you are gonna make fun of me you should add SL in there too for his rum and diet coke. At least im a girl... ;)

Just messing with you tigger...we already knew SL was girlie anyway. ;)

Archived