• mike brey (notre dame)
    • jeff reynolds (air force)
    • jimmy tillette (samford)
    • cliff ellis
    • sonny smith

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree that donovan and dixon are pretty big dream lists but i don't think mike anderson is that big of a stretch.  

1) He played in the SEC and wants to be an SEC coach

2) we are building arguably the nicest basketball arena in college sports so we obviously are willing to put money into the program and i think we could pay more than mizzou

3) finally he is an Alabama native, was born and raised in Birmingham

So my question is why do all of you think that he is on the big dream list?

i agree that donovan and dixon are pretty big dream lists but i don't think mike anderson is that big of a stretch.  

1) He played in the SEC and wants to be an SEC coach

2) we are building arguably the nicest basketball arena in college sports so we obviously are willing to put money into the program and i think we could pay more than mizzou

3) finally he is an Alabama native, was born and raised in Birmingham

So my question is why do all of you think that he is on the big dream list?

he's not in my opinion.

Growing up in Lexington, Ky I have always been a UK basketball fan which obviously makes it hard to watch AU basketball at times.  I pull for both teams and AU when AU plays UK.(AU is my alma mater and I love Auburn)  Auburn deserves so much better from both the students and the admin at Auburn. They get little fan support these days(and whether its a valid reason or not, its because they lose so much.) and the athletics admin doesnt do enough for them either because they have let Lebo stay there and keep AU in the SEC basement.  5 years is 2 years too many already.  After 3 seasons of no marked improvement he should have been fired and they should have gone out to hire a big name coach.  Instead the program has stagnated.  I have brought up the idea of Ellis and it isnt a popular one so Ill move on to someone else to see how you guys feel.  What do you all think of Travis Ford???  I wanted him to be hired as UK's head coach but bring him on to Auburn!  He wants to be back in the SEC and I think he would be a hell of a coach.  For the right money we could get him and keep him for a long time.  The only job we would have to worry about him leaving for would be UK and that isnt coming open anytime soon with Calipari there. 

The coach from Baylor is Scott Drew. He built Baylor back from the scandal that occurred there in 2003. I watched Baylor play KU the other night and Baylor is a very good basketball team. I think that he would be an excellent choice.

He was actually offered and turned down the MEMPHIS job after Calipari left for UK. I don't know if we could get him  :dunno:

:we:

Guest BibliothekarTiger

I agree with tigerscoach about Steve Alford.  I follow Iowa sports because I have friends and former colleagues who are Hawkeyes and our mutual conclusion of the reason for Iowa’s basketball downfall is in total concurrence with tigerscoach’s.  When Alford was hired it calmed the Hawkeye alums and fan base that was still furious that the AD dragged his feet hiring Bobby Stoops to replace Hayden Fry, and lost him to Oklahoma.  He ended up hiring Kurt Ferentz, who I had hoped would be considered to replace Tuberville but wasn’t.  On the football front it’s worked out well for both of us.  I don’t know whether we will get a new basketball coach or not. I have supported Lebo and think five years shows patience, but honestly, I’m growing weary of waiting until next year and having more people interested in the whiz bang features of the new arena rather than the team that plays in it. 

How about a guy like Chuck Person....former Auburn bball star, NBA player. He is in the Lakers organization at the moment but has coaching experience in the NBA. Just a thought.....

1 Fire Lebo

2. Fire Lebo

3. Fire Lebo

4. Jacobs could at least ask Chuck Person or "Big Mouth" Charles Barkley for help. If they would not do the job, they are connected enough to point in the right direction. Recruiting is the problem. Plenty of talent from the state. All of it going elsewhere.

Avery Johnson was another name I actually thought about. I like him a heck of a lot. I think he turned down the Nets because he could see the terrible situation that that would have been. I dont think he wants another high pressure situation where he would just get run out of town, and it wouldnt be all him. That is a bad organization right now. I think he might like a lower pressure job like college coaching. Im not saying we shouldnt have expectations from our bball pragram, but we arent Kentucky ridiculous.....It would be a good fit in my opinion.

If Jacobs doesnt talk to Person about actually taking the job, then getting him to come in in some capacity would still be great. I just dont think we should keep associating ourselves with "sir" Charles, he has been an embarrassment as a rep for our school.

I like Drew also, or T. Ford. I would really like a high energy young guy to come in. New life, new energy, new arena, NEW PROGRAM!!!!!

:believe:

What would it take to pull Phil Jackson from the Lakers?

All the gold in Ft. Knox....hahahahaha.

I think if we cant get T. Ford from OK St. and if reaching for a guy like Person doesnt work, I REALLY like the looks of the coach at UTEP (Tony Barbee). Very successful and consider a hot up and comer and top-notch recruiter.

Archived