Favorite Beard-Eaves Memory

AUGRAD86

With respect to Beard-Eaves closing Wednesday night what is your favorite memory of the place? Mine has to be walking across that stage in 1986 and receiving my diploma from Dr. Martin. I also loved the games against the turds while Wimp was coaching. It was always fun when everyone was screaming SIT DOWN WIMP!!!!!. I had the priviledge of seeing alot of great games and players in that place.

:we:

With respect to Beard-Eaves closing Wednesday night what is your favorite memory of the place? Mine has to be walking across that stage in 1986 and receiving my diploma from Dr. Martin. I also loved the games against the turds while Wimp was coaching. It was always fun when everyone was screaming SIT DOWN WIMP!!!!!. I had the priviledge of seeing alot of great games and players in that place.

:we:

Mine would be the year we had the whup stick with Porter, Robinson, Fishback, and Ndiaye ... we beat bama by 30 points and captured the western division that day... I was only 16 or so when it happend. Such a special memory. It was my first Auburn game and the tickets were free

Mine would be the year we had the whup stick with Porter, Robinson, Fishback, and Ndiaye ... we beat bama by 30 points and captured the western division that day... I was only 16 or so when it happend. Such a special memory. It was my first Auburn game and the tickets were free

Mine would have to be the tennessee game last year. The rebound and put back by vot was a perfect ending. Then watching Lucas pump on the media table in front of the students. WOW

Mine would have to be the tennessee game last year. The rebound and put back by vot was a perfect ending. Then watching Lucas pump on the media table in front of the students. WOW

I remember that... man there are so many great memories of that place. I jog in there sometimes too... I hope they keep it open to the public for at least a little while

Probably dating myself here but I remember the year we played UNLV. That was my first time sitting in the student section. I believe that was 86 or 87.

Probably dating myself here but I remember the year we played UNLV. That was my first time sitting in the student section. I believe that was 86 or 87.

Student section is always fun. I have had some great times down there. I also used to enjoy the exhibition games as well, always great seats and a chance to get to know the new players.

Student section is always fun. I have had some great times down there. I also used to enjoy the exhibition games as well, always great seats and a chance to get to know the new players.

you are very welcome sir, cant hide the truth  :thumbsup:

Hope they have a midnight madness in the new arena

Hope they have a midnight madness in the new arena

that would be AUsome

Auburn 121, UAT 78 with John Mengelt scoring 60.

Becky Jackson and Joe Champi leading Auburn women's hoops into the elite level.

Auburn's Larry Hill beating previously undefeated bammer John Hannah in  wrestling.

Eddie Johnson, Mike Mitchell & co. playing Bob Davis's brand of roundball.

Barkley suddenly getting interested in the process and single handedly beating UGA. 

Vicki Orr and Doc Robinson leading their teams.

Watching my son walk across the stage to graduate in 1999. (I walked in 1969)

Auburn 121, UAT 78 with John Mengelt scoring 60.

Becky Jackson and Joe Champi leading Auburn women's hoops into the elite level.

Auburn's Larry Hill beating previously undefeated bammer John Hannah in  wrestling.

Eddie Johnson, Mike Mitchell & co. playing Bob Davis's brand of roundball.

Barkley suddenly getting interested in the process and single handedly beating UGA. 

Vicki Orr and Doc Robinson leading their teams.

Watching my son walk across the stage to graduate in 1999. (I walked in 1969)

Man, those are some memories. I remember all of them except you and your son walking. Eddie Johnson, Mike Mitchell, Stan (couldn't spell his last name with a dictionary but could he ever shoot), Gary Redding. Yes, I remember Mengelt gong off on bammer. I go all the way back to the days of Bill Alexander and Wally Tinker. I remember our first African-American, Henry Harris. I was at the UT game last year when Waller got the ball way out front and threw it low to Vot for the winning basket. There are a lot of very fond memories.  I also remember the artificial surface they played on before they installed hardwood. From Bill Lynn to Lebo and every coach in between. Sonny Smith, Tommy Joe Eagles, Cliff Ellis. It's been an up and down ride.

Was when I saw Elvis put on an awesome concert at Beard-Eaves back on March 5, 1974. Tickets were only $15.

Feb. 21, 2001

Auburn 72, No. 14 Alabama 69 (OT)

--------------------------------------------

Do ya'll remember Reggie Sharp's 36 ft. buzzer beater in ot to beat the turds?  This moment has to be up there near the top.  WDE!!!

You beat me to Reggie Sharpe! I was at that game sitting behind the goal that he made the shot in. I can assure you if I wasn't the first fan to be on the court I was top 3! What a game!

You beat me to Reggie Sharpe! I was at that game sitting behind the goal that he made the shot in. I can assure you if I wasn't the first fan to be on the court I was top 3! What a game!

Unforgettable moment!  I love these kind of threads.  They always bring back great memories.  WDE!!!

My would be watching John Mengelt scoring 60 points against the turds, I think it was 69 or 70. My second favorite is seeing Pistol Pete Maverick play against us. He only scored 45 that night but I saw him take and make shots and passes that were unreal. Great memories.

My would be watching John Mengelt scoring 60 points against the turds, I think it was 69 or 70. My second favorite is seeing Pistol Pete Maverick play against us. He only scored 45 that night but I saw him take and make shots and passes that were unreal. Great memories.

Funny, I think I only went to two basketball games during my entire 4 years at Auburn (fall of 69 to May of 73) are the two you mentioned.  I seem to recall that either Mengelt or Pistol Pete was sick (flu, fever?) when they played.

Graduation! August 4, 2003! and AU vs LSU 2/27/09. Only game at BEMC I've been able to go to! Pathetic, I know. What a win! Waller was on FIRE!  :we: :we: :we:

Archived