We need a name for Auburn Arena

au-wareagle

It is going to be left Auburn Arena until a basketball coach becomes legendary.....it will be Auburn Arena for the next 20 years probably, the name is already up on the building

I like Auburn Arena myself. I would think you would only wanna name it after someone who really did something special. Although we have had a relatively small bit of success (namely with Sonny), I don't think anyone yet deserves to have the building named after them. We just don't have a very large pool to choose from when it comes to basketball figures. It is what it is.

It should be named......

JIM FYFFE COLOSSEUM

I actually like this!  He deserves something named after him.  Maybe not the new arena but something meaningful

The Auburn Jim

It should be named......

JIM FYFFE COLOSSEUM

I actually like this!  He deserves something named after him.  Maybe not the new arena but something meaningful

Definitely should be this

A new Arena won't win a single game. That's why a head coach gets his $.

The new arena likely WILL draw more enthusiastic crowds to more games than the old one did. It is also designed to keep the noise funneling down onto the court, further increasing the home court advantage. Oh yeah, and what about the spark it provides the players to be practicing in a state of the art facility every day, and how that can, and will, be used as a recruiting tool?

We lose a lot of talent from a mediocre team, yeah, but a quick look at the roster shows that we'll have five scholarship players 6'8 or taller next year, and the last two recruiting classes have brought some rather talented players (Kenny Gabriel, Andre Malone, Shawn Kemp Jr., etc). Don't be too surprised if the program gets a jump start next year.

yeah the young players played well the last few games and I think we have some good ones coming in, although juco guys sre only around 2 years :-\ one of the reasons why we haven't built a foundation. As for the arena I like the name. :we:

I kinda like the name as it is now. I have a question. Will Beard-Eves have any kind of mention or memorial inside or outside the new arena or will they just be forgotten about?

I like the Auburn Arena for now but it wouldn't bother me if they named the court for Jim Fyffe.

They ought to play a screetching eagle over the intercom to un-nerve the other teams and call it "the claw" or "the nest"...We could use the tiger and welcome to the jungle, but everyone has that...

They ought to play a screetching eagle over the intercom to un-nerve the other teams and call it "the claw" or "the nest"...We could use the tiger and welcome to the jungle, but everyone has that...

We could call the new areana: "The Jungle Jim" after Fyffe.

Archived