What should be the new name to the student section?

au-wareagle

I like the Barbee Bunch because it's about a family... kind of the mentality we have going in Football. Also, like Tony's Tigers because they're GRRRRRRRREAT!

But I think naming after the coach is great, I don't want our coach leaving any time soon, so hopefully it will stick. If we are changing names, it's because our program isn't doing well, so hopefully the name will be that way for a long time...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the Barbee Bunch because it's about a family... kind of the mentality we have going in Football. Also, like Tony's Tigers because they're GRRRRRRRREAT!

But I think naming after the coach is great, I don't want our coach leaving any time soon, so hopefully it will stick. If we are changing names, it's because our program isn't doing well, so hopefully the name will be that way for a long time...

:wedance:

also, what about nicknaming the gym "The Jungle" I know we tried that already but..... :dunno: :-\

Yeah tried and failed, so I say leave that one alone.

What about: the tiger stripes 

Hahaha the barbee q pit.... With everyone wearing Q's

I wonder how many Quail Man jokes we'd get?

There were guys dressed as Quail Man at the Ole Miss game this past year (football). Man, I felt old but it was really cool.

I offer this: "The Areniacs" (pronounced like maniacs).

Its generic (not tied a coach) and something the kids could go crazy over. The Arena's Areniacs!! Sounds good to me.

Dang guys this guys name is hard to work with for a student section name...maybe we shouldve hired another...NOT! BARBEE IS THA MAN!!!!! :trampoline:...HEY NOW THERES AN IDEA!!!!! BARBEES BOUNCERS! And the student section jumps up and down the whole time! Oh yea! Start printing the shirts.lol.

"The Pit" is perfect for the arena name. Esp since the floor is way down like a gladiator pit when the bleachers are not pulled out. I definitely thing we should get that started. "Welcome to the Barbee Pit"

Dang guys this guys name is hard to work with for a student section name...maybe we shouldve hired another...NOT! BARBEE IS THA MAN!!!!! :trampoline:...HEY NOW THERES AN IDEA!!!!! BARBEES BOUNCERS! And the student section jumps up and down the whole time! Oh yea! Start printing the shirts.lol.

I thought of bouncers too, except everyone dress like club bouncers in suit and tie...of course AU style and they could jump up and down

Tony Montanya was originally from Scarface

Archived