New BB excitement

Ok, I will be the first to admit that I was never a big Barbee supporter.  However, doing some research on him...I came across something that I would love to see at AU.  Excitement about the BB team.

It's a promo for the 07-08 UTEP basketball team.  It has me with visions of a new day at AU.

War Damn Eagle!!

:wedance:

If you recall we felt the same way about Lebo and his dad.

True, but I will not dwell on what has gone wrong in the past, but look forward to the future.  I have to say I like the style of BB that Barbee puts on the floor.

If you recall we felt the same way about Lebo and his dad.

I don't know that anyone ever felt that Lebo was a great promoter. That's one of the things that people have criticized the most, that Lebo didn't get out and sell his program.

A couple of places, in particular the SportsCall radio show today, talked about what a good PR guy Barbee is, and that was before it was known that he'd been hired.

Any chance some of the UTEP recruits follow Coach Barbee to AU?

C 29 Matt Korcheck (Sabino HS) Tucson, AZ 6-9/210 Verbal Yes Committed to UTEP

PF 39 Jon Bohannon (Lancaster HS) Lancaster, TX  6-10/190 Verbal Yes Committed to UTEP

PF 39 Jon Bohannon (Lancaster HS) Lancaster, TX  6-10/190 Verbal Yes Committed to UTEP

i like that size... love it

I really hopes this becomes a new beginning for Auburn bball. South Carolina opened up a new arena a few years ago that was a lot nicer and much larger and they have done fairly well in attendance. Barbee is very young and energetic and hopefully we can really build something at Auburn.

Our roster is full. The six recruits from the early signing period have SIGNED. Unless Barbee is going to run players off, and I hope he's not going to do that, we don't have a slot. 13 scholarship limit, 13 will be on scholarship come the start of fall class.

Archived