Barbee just called

msg6367

I just got a call from Tony Barbee...and it wasn't a recording either  :-\ ......ok it was a recording but it was still pretty cool.  He's inviting everyone to see the new arena during A-day...I'M THERE!!!!  :thumbsup:

It's it awesome that the man literally just arrived and he is already reaching out to the Auburn Family!! LOVE IT! I saw let's fill Jordan Hare and then give our new coach a personal War Eagle welcome. I think that he will do something great if we all get behind him and show him that we want a good basketball program!!!!

See you all for A DAy and then tour our new Auburn Arena!

GO MEN"S SWIM TEAM at NCAA's!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!

i thought it was just for me... :o

Are you trying to say that he called others also?  I feel sort of betrayed.  My wife made fun of me because I said "War Eagle" at the end of Barbee's recording.....He did say it first and it would have been very rude not to return it.......recording or not!!!!!

We got the "call" recording also. My husband answered and before he knew it was a recording he told him WAR EAGLE.  I am so excited about the upcoming season for all of our sports. JJ has done an awesome job on hiring coaches.... Ladies sports included. 

It is great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:we::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

dont feel bad, i didnt get it either! :dunno:

if your alumni then i think you shouldve gotten one.  :dunno:

I'm alumni but I think they got my number from when I ordered my A-day tickets a couple of weeks ago.

Guest BibliothekarTiger

Coach Barbee called my 86 year old War Eagle Mom and made her day (which then made mine).  She loves basketball and now, with that phone call she’s gung ho Barbee.  I’m really impressed too.  He’s going to do great.  War Eagle!

I just got a call from Tony Barbee...and it wasn't a recording either  :-\ ......ok it was a recording but it was still pretty cool.  He's inviting everyone to see the new arena during A-day...I'M THERE!!!!  :thumbsup:

I got the same. I was just logging on to post this very thing and you beat me to it.  :tease: I think it's awsome that he's doing this. One of the big problems under the former administration was that they didn't do anything...NOT ONE THING...to promote the basketball team. Barbee's hasn't been here long enough to do a change of address form and he's already reaching out to the Auburn family to promote the roundball program. I love it. I've said it, but I'll say it again, I think Tony Barbee will be the most successfull coach to ever coach basketball at Auburn. War Eagle Forever Baby!

p.s....Can you tell I'm a little fired up about this hire?  :laugh::thumbsup::wareagle:

Coach Barbee called my 86 year old War Eagle Mom and made her day (which then made mine).  She loves basketball and now, with that phone call she’s gung ho Barbee.  I’m really impressed too.  He’s going to do great.  War Eagle!

Great story!!! :thumbsup:

His introduction was at 5 pm and I got the call about 8pm last night.  Talk about not wasting time!!!  If simple things like this are any indication of how energetic his is, we need to hang on for the ride.    I also hope it is an indication of our athletic admin. getting into the basketball game!!

I got the same. I was just logging on to post this very thing and you beat me to it.  :tease: I think it's awsome that he's doing this. One of the big problems under the former administration was that they didn't do anything...NOT ONE THING...to promote the basketball team. Barbee's hasn't been here long enough to do a change of address form and he's already reaching out to the Auburn family to promote the roundball program. I love it. I've said it, but I'll say it again, I think Tony Barbee will be the most successfull coach to ever coach basketball at Auburn. War Eagle Forever Baby!

p.s....Can you tell I'm a little fired up about this hire?  :laugh::thumbsup::wareagle:

:wareagle::we::party:

I was hoping he was gonna be there on A-Day. I was going to take the sneak peek tour anyway, this makes it that much better. WDE!

Archived