Auburn falls to Troy 5-4

I'm sorry guys I just think this was a really bad loss.  The last three runs for Troy were all unearned.  Shaky defense and bullpen catches up with the Tigers again.

If we can't get the defense cleaned up, we're in for a long SEC schedule.  The games I went to in the South Carolina series we did a pretty good job booting it around as well.  I know Alabama's been sliding, but we are really going to have to play well to win the series.

First of all, I do think Pawlowski is a better coach than Slater, but it doesn't seem to matter who the coach is when it comes to our defense. We've been booting the ball around since the Renfroe days. What is the deal? Yeah, if our defense and bullpen don't improve, this hot start to the season will be an afterthought come May.

The errors we seem to pile ap every game is pretty alarming. The majority of it just concentration. Coach Pawlowski teaches fundamentals and the proper way to field a ground ball out in front, don't let the ball play you, catch the ball with two hands, pre-pitch movement, and so on and so forth. The guys know how to play the game and have been taught the right techniques, they jusy have to get their heads in the game and concentrate on making the play. And I personally love Coach Pawlowski! WDE guys

Tsk,tsk,tsk. That one hurts. Troy? :dunno:

No need for Troy bashing.

Trust me, I'm a professional. If I wanted to bash Troy ,I would have done a much better job than that. I won't apologize for thinking they shouldn't even be competitive with AU ,they shouldn't.Have a nice day.

Tsk,tsk,tsk. That one hurts. Troy? :dunno:

No need for Troy bashing.

Trust me, I'm a professional. If I wanted to bash Troy ,I would have done a much better job than that. I won't apologize for thinking they shouldn't even be competitive with AU ,they shouldn't.Have a nice day.

You're exactly right.  We can be nice and talk about how Troy has some talent, but in my opinion teams like that shouldn't be at all competitive with Auburn.  To be a championship caliber program, you have to be able to go out and exert your will upon some teams.

Troy is not great by any means, or atleast not compared to Auburn.  They are good for the conference they play in.  Auburn gave them the game.  And Troy is good enough that if you give them the opportunity, they can and, as we saw last night, will take advantage of it.  Given it was just one game and anything can happen in one game when it comes to baseball.  Auburn just didn't show up for that game.  I could tell as soon as the game started that they just seemed a little out of it.  I have faith in Coach Paws, we can hit with any team in the country, just need some depth on the mound, and to make routine plays.

Archived