Game thread - 4/3/10

Comment as you wish. We are currently on top 4-3 in the bottom of the 4th. Cole Nelson has looked pretty good so far. He did give up a 3-run HR to Ross Wilson, but as usual, our defense made an error that prolonged the inning. Our lineup is puzzling to say the least. McElroy is leading off, Fletcher is in the 2 hole and DAN GAMACH IS HITTING CLEANUP? I don't understand, but I'm not the coach. We need a win today. WDE!

Your guess is as good as mine. Also, why is McElroy leading off with a .296 average and .365 On Base%.  That is third lowest of the regulars.  Patterson is a bright spot today with two homers.  Nelson is looking good again.

Still 4-3 at top of 6th. They hit Kevin Patterson makes me wonder it that was intentional. He was leadoff man and got hit on first pitch...

Still 4-3 at top of 6th. They hit Kevin Patterson makes me wonder it that was intentional. He was leadoff man and got hit on first pitch...

No doubt.  It was intentional.  If I'm Pawlowski, there would be retribution.   If Wilson comes up with nobody on, oh yeah, the catcher would give the bird.  

No doubt.  It was intentional.  If I'm Pawlowski, there would be retribution.   If Wilson comes up with nobody on, oh yeah, the catcher would give the bird.  

Did u see Hunter yesterday? I thought the turds were gonna have one less starting pitcher  :zapbama:

How do u walk the tying run in??? This team still doesnt know how to win...

Then give up a 2 run single and let the hitter get to 2nd base.  Fundamentals!!?? 

What happened to the best hitting team in the SEC? We have missed so many oppertunities to score with runners in scoring position

:dunno:    >:( 

What happened to the best hitting team in the SEC? We have missed so many oppertunities to score with runners in scoring position

Well, let's just forget the hitting aspect for a minute. Too many fans want Auburn to just hit their way out of trouble instead of being an all-around good team. Constantly committing errors, getting picked off of bases, missing the cutoff man and giving opposing hitters extra bases and walking in runs are signs of bad teams. The fact is as good as this team can hit, it's not going to score 10+ runs every game. Every once in a while, you need to be able to throw strikes, play defense and incorporate fundamentals to win games. The only thing this team can do is hit. That's it. Wanna know why we haven't been to the SEC tournament in nearly a decade? See the reasons above. It's absolutely sickening to constantly beat ourselves. Yeah, we play a lot of good teams in the SEC, but I've never seen a team kill itself more than the Auburn baseball team. It's ridiculous. We keep this same crap up and you can guarantee yet another spot on the couch come postseason play. Pawlowski needs to light a fire under these guys, or else bring in somebody else that will.

Well, let's just forget the hitting aspect for a minute. Too many fans want Auburn to just hit their way out of trouble instead of being an all-around good team. Constantly committing errors, getting picked off of bases, missing the cutoff man and giving opposing hitters extra bases and walking in runs are signs of bad teams. The fact is as good as this team can hit, it's not going to score 10+ runs every game. Every once in a while, you need to be able to throw strikes, play defense and incorporate fundamentals to win games. The only thing this team can do is hit. That's it. Wanna know why we haven't been to the SEC tournament in nearly a decade? See the reasons above. It's absolutely sickening to constantly beat ourselves. Yeah, we play a lot of good teams in the SEC, but I've never seen a team kill itself more than the Auburn baseball team. It's ridiculous. We keep this same crap up and you can guarantee yet another spot on the couch come postseason play. Pawlowski needs to light a fire under these guys, or else bring in somebody else that will.

I agree. Our defense has been pitiful as has been our pitching besides really Cole Nelson. But also now I know at least 3 times we've had bases loaded in SEC play and not come thru. It's combination of everything right now. We just don't have that winning way about us right now

I really thought Pawlowski was going to turn things around for us.  But, it seems that it's just more of the same old crap we went through before he got here.  

I agree. Our defense has been pitiful as has been our pitching besides really Cole Nelson. But also now I know at least 3 times we've had bases loaded in SEC play and not come thru. It's combination of everything right now. We just don't have that winning way about us right now

We don't play Fundamental Baseball.  Unfortunately, that is coaching not making fundamentals important.

Archived