ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Just wait till BMac comes back..whew,this is a scary lineup.If the starters just perform well,they dont have to be outstanding just pretty good,we will win a bunch this season.

Just wait till BMac comes back..whew,this is a scary lineup.If the starters just perform well,they dont have to be outstanding just pretty good,we will win a bunch this season.

Gattis is going to be just as good if not better than McCann

I had been waiting, ever since the Upton brothers joined the league, for them to be on the same team somewhere.

Everybody knows baseball season doesn't really start until two brothers on the same team both go yard in the ninth inning of the same game, with one shot tying the game and the next shot winning it. Come on guys! This happens all the time! If the sarcasm in this post is missed, you have no hope...

On a serious note, WHAT A WIN!!!

Everybody knows baseball season doesn't really start until two brothers on the same team both go yard in the ninth inning of the same game, with one shot tying the game and the next shot winning it. Come on guys! This happens all the time! If the sarcasm in this post is missed, you have no hope...

On a serious note, WHAT A WIN!!!

It was huge!! This lineup has some pop.

Bravos are truly exciting this year. You saw some flashes of brilliance from our young guys (Freeman, Simmons, Heyward) but with the addition of the Uptons and a solid pitching rotation (thus far) we are looking really strong.

Braves up 2-1 top 0f 4th... Gattis 2 run homer.... This kid is going to be good

Hard to see the Braves re-signing McCann after this season with Gattis looking so good already. Gonna be interesting for sure.

Edited by WarAJEagle

Braves up 2-1 top 0f 4th... Gattis 2 run homer.... This kid is going to be good

Hard to see the Braves re-signing McCann after this season with Gattis looking so good already. Gonna be interesting for sure.

He could go cold at anytime and Brian can come back hot. Still need to see how the season pans out before making that assumption.

To early to trade a multi-time all-star for a guy who has played a week in the bigs,but he looks great so far.

He is the story of the whole league right now.I MEAN,THIS DUDE WAS A JANITOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO!!!Pretty awesome..

Here is Evan story. Pretty awesome

The best story in the early stages of the 2013 baseball season is, to my mind, the odyssey of Atlanta Braves catcher, Evan Gattis.

Gattis, a very large man at 6’4” and 230 pounds, made the Braves big-league roster this year primarily, it was believed, to keep the seat warm for Brian McCann, the team’s All-Star catcher who is on the disabled list until later on this month. But Gattis has done much more than that: He has started the season batting .333, with 3 home runs and 6 RBIs. He is a big reason that the Braves are off to an 9-1 start, despite the fact that two of their stars—Jason Heyward and B.J. Upton—are off to horrid starts (.097 and .091 batting averages, respectively), and another (Freddie Freeman) is on the disabled list. The Braves clearly want his bat in the lineup as much as possible: He played at first base last night, a bit shakily at times.

But his production alone is only a small part of the story. Gattis, 26, is baseball’s spiritual wanderer.

At age 18 Gattis was a hot college baseball prospect in his hometown of Forney, Texas. He signed to play at Texas A&M, but never showed up, the result of an early-life existential crisis. Gattis, at the urging of his mother, entered a rehab facility to help kick a developing habit for marijuana and alcohol. He then played a season with Seminole State in Oklahoma, but got hurt. He quit baseball. Then he set off on his journey.

He went west, initially to Boulder, Colorado. He worked odd jobs, as a cart boy at a golf course, a ski-lift operator and a janitor (he uses his janitor ID as his Twitter avatar). He sought out various spiritual advisors, and after consultations, felt like he was back on track and done with his wanderings. “I was just done looking for whatever it was I was looking for. I was done with it. It cleared up in kind of a final way where, without a shadow of a doubt, I just knew I didn’t have to do that anymore,” he told USA

To early to trade a multi-time all-star for a guy who has played a week in the bigs,but he looks great so far.

He is the story of the whole league right now.I MEAN,THIS DUDE WAS A JANITOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO!!!Pretty awesome..

True but if Brian comes back hes gonna have to work for his starting role back, Gattis is making a real push for it.

In my book Gattis is the catcher until he goes cold. If BMac is the better catcher let him prove it on Evans day off.

Agreed. These things usually work themselves out but McCann hit .230 last year and would probably top out around .270 this year with 20HR/70RBI. Gattis--to this point--provides a lot more power, better average, and better defense.