ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

What a great game to watch! He was throwing so effortlessly and the batters didn't stand a chance.

Beachy is scheduled to be back later this month...what to do, what to do?? The starting line-up is holding up pretty well so far, where does Beachy fit in once he's back up to snuff? (good problem to have, though)

As much as it kills me to say it Huddy has been the worst of the started rotation with an ERA near 5.

What a great game to watch! He was throwing so effortlessly and the batters didn't stand a chance.

Beachy is scheduled to be back later this month...what to do, what to do?? The starting line-up is holding up pretty well so far, where does Beachy fit in once he's back up to snuff? (good problem to have, though)

As much as it kills me to say it Huddy has been the worst of the started rotation with an ERA near 5.

But you can't send your 37 yr. old veteran (and supposed #1) to the bench. I hear ya, though. His ERA is the worst but the experience that he brings is invaluable to this team. We have an embarrasment of riches right now and this season is looking real good so far.

If you arent watching the Braves game right now, Julio Teheran has a no-no through 5.

Thanks for jinxing it. It's bad luck to give no no updates. before the 9th inning. lol

It's bad luck to give them ever. Period.

If you arent watching the Braves game right now, Julio Teheran has a no-no through 5.

Thanks for jinxing it. It's bad luck to give no no updates. before the 9th inning. lol

It's bad luck to give them ever. Period.

Well you want people watching in the 9th when it's money time. You just don't say what the special thing that is happening is.

My idea, send Carpenter down,move Medlen to bullpen, Beachy takes his spot.

Medlen to the pen? The guy has been one of, if not the best, starter for ATL for the last year.

Medlen to the pen? The guy has been one of, if not the best, starter for ATL for the last year.

He has the most experience is why I'm saying it. Its either him or Maholm.

Beachy is coming off a very serious injury. I say after he starts one of the doubleheader games this week he goes to the pen to come on slowly like we did with Medlen.

Beachy is coming off a very serious injury. I say after he starts one of the doubleheader games this week he goes to the pen to come on slowly like we did with Medlen.

That sounds right, they will let him in on the Mets doubleheader, then he goes to AAA or the bull-pen. All of the starters are clicking right now, in fact our starting rotation has the best ERA in the bigs over the last 20 games. Beachy will just have to wait...later this year, we may need him due to injury, fatigue, etc. He will get his shot again.

How good can we be if BJ,Heyward,Simmons and Ugla start hitting?

Simmons needs to play every day because he maybe the best shortstop in baseball,but BJ,Jason and Ugla need to start sitting more.Shaffer and Pena need to get more PT.

Simmons needs to play every day because he maybe the best shortstop in baseball,but BJ,Jason and Ugla need to start sitting more.Shaffer and Pena need to get more PT.

Heyward is starting to heat up, so is BJ. Hell, they just paid 15 MM for this guy he has to stay in a fight thru it. Also, BJ is a notorious '2nd Half' guy where we should see him start improving drastically after the all-star game. Schaefer and Pena have been playing really well lately, good problem to have with all of these oufielders and Pena in the infield.

Uggla...Ugh, I'm done with him. What a waste...his batting has been horrible ever since he started with the Braves and his fielding doesn't justify his paycheck. I'm ready for him to come off the books.

Heyward is starting to heat up, so is BJ. Hell, they just paid 15 MM for this guy he has to stay in a fight thru it. Also, BJ is a notorious '2nd Half' guy where we should see him start improving drastically after the all-star game. Schaefer and Pena have been playing really well lately, good problem to have with all of these oufielders and Pena in the infield.

Uggla...Ugh, I'm done with him. What a waste...his batting has been horrible ever since he started with the Braves and his fielding doesn't justify his paycheck. I'm ready for him to come off the books.

Im about ready for Pastornicky to take over at second.If BJ and Heyward hit to their potential the second half and the playoffs,we can win it all.

Pena is hurt and Dan apparently is having eye issues which may resolute in him getting Lasik eye surgery.BJ and J-Hey are starting to come around, but a slow turn around.

To the last three posters -

I don't know how you can have so much faith in BJ but lack of it in Uggla. BJ has been horrible and I don't see how anyone thinks he is "starting to come around". In his last ten games he's still been pretty pathetic including an 0-5 game last night.

And BJ is not a second half guy so I don't know where that notion comes from. In the last three seasons (2010-2012) his numbers have actually dropped after the All-Star break.

On the other hand Uggla's batting numbers have always gone up drastically after the break. Don't forget about his hit streak last season in the second half.