ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Heard J-Hey and J-Up 'should' be ready for the game on Friday, Gattis has already returned...BJ is on the 15 day DL and Schaefer could be out another month or so. At least we are getting a few pieces back. Reed Johnson has played pretty well and I like the speed that Constanza brings. We are in good shape for a team with so many injuries...

2nd half schedule looks favorable, too!

Tim Hudson was carted off field after getting his ankle stepped on by Eric Young while covering first. It was terrible to see. Ankles don't bend that way but I won't speculate on the severity of the injury. It looked almost but not quite as bad as the Theisman or Lattimore injuries. Eric Young showed tremendous class and compassion after the injury. He was clearly upset about it. The Braves players seemed to be in shock afterwards. Prayers for Huddy.

I will say: if it is as bad as it looked, and that was the last time Huddy ever pitches, he pitched one hell of a game. He went out in style and made Auburn proud. War Eagle, Tim.

Gut punch for sure! Hopefully he can get back to it by spring. Pitched a Gem for sure!

It's just come down: Huddy has an ankle fracture. He will undergo surgery to start the healing process.

Edit: Not tomorrow. Have to wait for swelling.

Edited by Auctoritas

Wow what a game for the second game in a row Julio pitched great with no win 7 innings 2 hit ball.

2-0 Braves win

And I missed it because of work! Dang you Chick-Fil-A!

The game was rather boring. IMO. Bottom of the 8th before Braves finally score.

Very good series for the Braves! Held the #1 team in the National League to 3 runs over 3 games...pitching was oustanding and the bats cracked when they needed to.

Beachy starts tonight, hope he does well in his 'debut', we need another steady arm in this rotation.

The Braves officially announced Brandon Beachy's return to the rotation Friday, slotting him into Tim Hudson's spot in the rotation. That means he will start Monday against the Rockies, his first major-league start since June 16, 2012.

Beachy has already thrown 40 innings in the minors as part of his rehabilitation assignment, though he did have one setback with his surgically repaired elbow at one point. He has a 2.92 ERA with 33 strikeouts and 20 walks in the minors