Have we ever signed as many impact players in one recruiting class? Very impressive!

This is HUGE!!! The football team signed a top 5 class in February, the baseball team has taken two of three from two top 10 teams, once against the defending national champs and once on the road, and the new basketball coach has already brought in two big time prospects with the possibility of one more (if we can clear the roster spot).

I think it's about time Jay Jacobs got a little bit of respect. He hired the head coach of all three sports. All three were his first choice. And all three appear to be doing quite well!

GREAT signing.  Looking to BB season for first time in recent memory.  I hope CB can encourage a couple of current players that don't fit his system to find another team that fits their style and ability.  We need CB out recruiting next year too and we don't have any slots coming available.  Clearly CB can recruit at a different level then CL. 

AUsome news!!! I'm glad Luke decided to go ahead and make it official. The main reason Luke came to AU is because he believes that Barbee is gonna build something special and he wants to be a part of the foundation. Even tho I think we will be better next year, I don't expect for us to contend for the west just yet. The next year we could very well be the year that AU basketball is strong again, especially if we land some of the top recruits on our radar next year. Trevor Lacey, Devin Langford, Johnny O'Bryant, Kentavious Caldwell, Cedrick McAfee, and Tim Dixon are all major impact players IMO. It looks like something special is brewing on the plains...

yall don't get too excited; remember we are building from the ground up, and these two guys are just the

foundation..

True, but since we haven't had much to cheer about the last several years, this is a pretty good reason to get excited.

yall don't get too excited; remember we are building from the ground up, and these two guys are just the

foundation..

Don't forget about Kemp Jr and Allen Payne, not to mention Verez Ward if he does, indeed, transfer.

foundation..

Don't forget about Kemp Jr and Allen Payne, not to mention Verez Ward if he does, indeed, transfer.

Also remember that because of the low amount of players on a basketball team, just a few players can turn around a team very quickly.  I know we aren't Kentucky, but look at how different that team was after just one year.

"Josh and I are like family," Cothron said following his commitment Tuesday. "He's real excited about me going to Auburn. So am I. I think we are going to do big things. We are definitely going to put Auburn Basketball back on the map.

"I know Auburn is a football school, but we're going to bring basketball back. I hope the Auburn fans are ready."

Quote from Cothron. Dude scored 41 points against John Wall from Kentucky in high school. Can you say stud!

This is HUGE!!! The football team signed a top 5 class in February, the baseball team has taken two of three from two top 10 teams, once against the defending national champs and once on the road, and the new basketball coach has already brought in two big time prospects with the possibility of one more (if we can clear the roster spot).

I think it's about time Jay Jacobs got a little bit of respect. He hired the head coach of all three sports. All three were his first choice. And all three appear to be doing quite well!

Couldn't agree more. I said a couple weeks ago that the JJ bashers need to give it a rest for a while. I think the guy's earned it. The hiring of Chizik, which most thought was the wrong hire, is turning out to be a GREAT hire....And the hiring of Barbee was a grandslam homerun. We're lucky to have gotten Barbee and Jacobs is responsible. WDE to Double J!

GREAT signing.   Looking to BB season for first time in recent memory.  I hope CB can encourage a couple of current players that don't fit his system to find another team that fits their style and ability.  We need CB out recruiting next year too and we don't have any slots coming available.  Clearly CB can recruit at a different level then CL. 

One of two things is going to happen. Barbee is going to work them to death and they are going to quit and open up a scholly...Or Barbee is going to work them to death and they are going to develop into solid players. Either option is good for us.  :thumbsup:

GREAT signing.   Looking to BB season for first time in recent memory.  I hope CB can encourage a couple of current players that don't fit his system to find another team that fits their style and ability.  We need CB out recruiting next year too and we don't have any slots coming available.  Clearly CB can recruit at a different level then CL. 

Oh, and on this....Lebo isn't even in the same ballpark as Barbee when it comes to recruiting. Some people may not know this but Langford said when he committed that he had always liked AU, but the previous coaching staff never did come talk to him so he never gave us a chance.  :banghead: How the heck do you not at least go talk to the #1 player in your own state?  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

AUsome news!!! I'm glad Luke decided to go ahead and make it official. The main reason Luke came to AU is because he believes that Barbee is gonna build something special and he wants to be a part of the foundation. Even tho I think we will be better next year, I don't expect for us to contend for the west just yet. The next year we could very well be the year that AU basketball is strong again, especially if we land some of the top recruits on our radar next year. Trevor Lacey, Devin Langford, Johnny O'Bryant, Kentavious Caldwell, Cedrick McAfee, and Tim Dixon are all major impact players IMO. It looks like something special is brewing on the plains...

I agree with you. It's probably going to take Barbee another year or two of recruiting to get us enough depth and talent to contend for the West. The good thing about roundball though, is it doesn't take nearly as long to turn it around as it does football. You can bring in a couple good players and one LeBron and be in the SEC Championship game. I think Barbee is going to be the most successfull bball coach we've ever had at AU. He's got a lot of momentum starting out with the new arena and the fan base being more excited about basketball than they have been in a while. Couple that with Barbee's ability to recruit like Trooper Taylor and we've got things heading in the right direction.

"Josh and I are like family," Cothron said following his commitment Tuesday. "He's real excited about me going to Auburn. So am I. I think we are going to do big things. We are definitely going to put Auburn Basketball back on the map.

"I know Auburn is a football school, but we're going to bring basketball back. I hope the Auburn fans are ready."

Quote from Cothron. Dude scored 41 points against John Wall from Kentucky in high school. Can you say stud!

Agreed. What I love about Cothron is his abilities on offense. We have had some good big men in recent history...Kyle Davis, Mamadou etc. but those guys were known mostly for defense. Cothron has an excellent offensive game and has a myriad of post moves. He's going to give us some big time help immediately.

I disagree wholeheartedly with anyone that says this years bball team can't be something special because Auburn has quite a few very very good returning players coming back and all this past years team needed to be great were a few good inside guys which we have already signed for this year.

Archived