Current Players

benjazz

I am as excited about coach Barbee's recruiting as anyone could be.  I was there for Sonny Smith's first year.  Unlike his predecessor, Sonny and his staff could coach.  There are a lot of talented guys coming back this year.  Maybe they haven't shown a lot in the past year but some of that is probably due to a lack of coaching!  Although I liked Lebo, in retrospect he never and I mean NEVER coached anyone to a higher level then they were when he started..  I liken it to our wide receivers in football.  I thought we had the worst corp of receivers in the SEC until Trooper Taylor came along.  NOW I don't want to recruit any more receivers because the ones we have are suddenly showing their potential.  Maybe I've drunk too much Koolaid, but I believe that players such as Malone, Ross and Armstrong are going to be SEC caliber players in short order.  There is some talent there.  Lets support all the players who are still here.  Some may leave, but some will have their talent come out with this staff.  Just my rave for the day.  Your mileage may vary.

100% agreed! The players have done everything asked of them, everything they were coached to do. I would lose a lot of respect if Barbee were to strip these players of their education at the school they love. If the player wishes to leave then so be it and good luck to him. Or if he has lost heart and is not giving 110% effort then "buh-bye". Otherwise let's coach them into better players. WDE! Thanks Jazz for bringing this to light and saying what I've been thinking.

Great posts by both of you guys. With the baseball team playing so well, the football team on the verge of national prominence, the basketball team looks to be in line to do the same. What an exciting time to be taking in Auburn sports...

Couldn't agree more.  Remember, this is Auburn University.

Couldn't agree more.  Remember, this is Auburn University.

I almost forgot pops  :laugh: :laugh:

I thought it was Alabama Polytechnical Institute  :laugh: :laugh:

It truly is a great time to be an Auburn Tiger. I haven't been this excited about the three major sports in a long time. We are on the rise in all three and you have to give JJ some credit in making some outstanding hires. WAR EAGLE!!!!

Hey, janskster, watch this:  " On the rolling plains of Dixie, 'neath the sun-kissed sky, proudly stands our alma-mater, API."  Did you know that?

Hey, janskster, watch this:  " On the rolling plains of Dixie, 'neath the sun-kissed sky, proudly stands our alma-mater, API."  Did you know that?

My pops would never utter the words "banners high" when the Alma Mater played.  He considered it heresy!

My pops would never utter the words "banners high" when the Alma Mater played.  He considered it heresy!

It used to be fun to take bets from people when API played Ga. Tech. or Alabama;  I could get a lot of points from these idiots who didn't know it was Auburn

i did I did pops, I pride myself in knowing the rich history of my Alma mater  and my

home city. :-) I'm glad you do too

I am so proud of the heritage that I have a very old pennant that says Alabama Polytechnical Institute. I am very proud of that. I have no idea how old it is. I wish I did. It was hanging on the wall in a very old men's store. I begged the owner for years to let me have it. He finally did and now it hangs in my office.

I am so proud of the heritage that I have a very old pennant that says Alabama Polytechnical Institute. I am very proud of that. I have no idea how old it is. I wish I did. It was hanging on the wall in a very old men's store. I begged the owner for years to let me have it. He finally did and now it hangs in my office.

Your flag my friend is atleast 50 years Old that much I can say.. API became Auburn University in 1960.

I have one somewhere also. Got it in early fifties. Sort of worn looking but still beautiful.

Your flag my friend is atleast 50 years Old that much I can say.. API became Auburn University in 1960.

Really? I was thinking it was a year or two before that...:dunno: Good to know.

Oh, and I'm a fan of API, too. If I could get such a pennant, you better believe it'd be hanging on my wall!

API became Auburn in 1960 like AubieClaws said.  It does seem like it just happened.  I mean Auburn has never won a championship! API won it! LoL

LOL!!! I hate to laugh too but that is soo true........ :hellyeah:

API became Auburn in 1960 like AubieClaws said.  It does seem like it just happened.  I mean Auburn has never won a championship! API won it! LoL

Well, I knew that API won the championship in 57, I was just thinking the name change occurred in 58 or 59.

Alabama Polytechnical Institute  ???????

Come on guys, there's no "al" on there.

It's  'Alabama Polytechnic Institute'          :)

True story- In the fofties a college prez came back from a conference to tell the football coach, "Good News, I got you a easy game with Ala Polytech!" Whereupon the coach said" OH NO you've signed to play Auburn!!"

Archived