Next years team

We only have 3 seniors on the team this year (Ryan Jenkins, Hubbard, and Hurst).  Who all could possibly be leaving early?

I expect at least four of those big hitters to get drafted. They have to be juniors, but I believe they are. ( I need to check it) We'll have a major overhaul to perform, and I honestly don't think we can be the same type of team next year.

We MUST either recruit or coach up some pitchers or we'll be right back in the pits. A normal team can't win many games if they have to score 10+ runs to do it.

This year's team is the best hitting team that's ever played at Auburn. I don't expect to see the likes of it again so we'll need drastic improvement in the areas of pitching and defense if we're to continue winning.

I expect at least four of those big hitters to get drafted. They have to be juniors, but I believe they are. ( I need to check it) We'll have a major overhaul to perform, and I honestly don't think we can be the same type of team next year.

We MUST either recruit or coach up some pitchers or we'll be right back in the pits. A normal team can't win many games if they have to score 10+ runs to do it.

This year's team is the best hitting team that's ever played at Auburn. I don't expect to see the likes of it again so we'll need drastic improvement in the areas of pitching and defense if we're to continue winning.

10 of our top 11 hitters are juniors and 5 of top 8 pitchers are juniors. We will probably lose several either by draft or by free agency. need another good recruiting class as always.

Fletcher, Morris, Caldwell, Patterson, Dayton, Mummey, Fradejas, and maybe Cole in my opinion are all gonna leave... Maybe Fradejas and Cole stay and I've heard that Patterson might stay also but I doubt it. We have some solid guys coming back but there is definitely going to be a lot of holes to fill

"10 of our top 11 hitters are juniors..."

It's even worse than I had feared. Yikes!

Yes, but not ALL of them will go pro. Morris is a given - he's gone. Fletcher could definitely go, but I honestly think he should come back to work on his contact. Dude can mash, but also strikes out a lot. I doubt he comes back b/c he will be a top 10-round pick, but I think he comes back if he wants to improve that stock. Mummey probably could go, too.

When it's all said and done, I think Morris and Fletcher -- a HUGE part of our offense, obviously -- will go pro with Mummey coming back (only because he only got to play half the season).

I actually think Mummey will be the first Auburn player picked. He hits, has the pro speed and is a great defensive player.

Not many good players stay after their junior year.

How do you think Mummey will be the first one to go when Morris has been highly scouted since hs? He is currently the top 1st baseman in the country according to baseballamerica.com. Morris will go in the 1st round and the others will fall into place after that. None of the others will go before the 5th round in my opinion.

I actually think Mummey will be the first Auburn player picked. He hits, has the pro speed and is a great defensive player.

Not many good players stay after their junior year.

Yeah, it's not like they can't work on making better contact, or whatever, in the minor league, and if they decide to return for their senior year then they lose the negotiating power of being able to say, "Well you know, I could just go on back and finish my degree if you don't want to pony up the dough."

Yes, but not ALL of them will go pro. Morris is a given - he's gone. Fletcher could definitely go, but I honestly think he should come back to work on his contact. Dude can mash, but also strikes out a lot. I doubt he comes back b/c he will be a top 10-round pick, but I think he comes back if he wants to improve that stock. Mummey probably could go, too.

When it's all said and done, I think Morris and Fletcher -- a HUGE part of our offense, obviously -- will go pro with Mummey coming back (only because he only got to play half the season).

A lot for some of these guys may hinge not just on were they are drafted but how well they play in summer leagues. They don`t have to sign until just prior to school starting and a good summer might enhance their $ offers enough to change their minds. If I remember correctly, Brandon Jacobs signed late after taking awhile to make up his mind. An awful lot of variables for these kids and parents to consider including their family financial situations.

Hunter Morris is the Number 1 First Baseman prospect in the Country and as a senior in High School he was picked 84th overall. Hunter will be the first Tiger off the board and I think he could easily be a top 10 or top 20 pick. Mummey would be the second player picked and I think Fletcher would be picked third IMO.

Archived