Tiger Talk

Auburn clinched its first berth in the SEC Tournament since 2003 as the Tigers won their fourth straight league series with a 9-2 victory over Tennessee on Sunday.  At 17-10 in league play, the Tigers are leading the SEC West heading into the final weekend of the regular season.  After missing the first 28 games of the season, Trent Mummey has provided an extra offensive spark for the Tigers, and is batting .366 with 13 home runs and 38 RBI in just 24 games played.  Against the Volunteers last weekend, six of Mummey's seven hits were for extra bases, including four home runs.  Auburn's 35 wins are its most since the team was 42-21 in 2003 while the 17 league wins are the most since the team was 18-12 that same season. The Tigers' last SEC West title came in 1995.  Auburn sits one game ahead of Ole Miss and Arkansas in the SEC West, and visits the Rebels to conclude the regular season.

If I'm not mistaken, Mummey was not playing during the Arizona State series.  Now I know one player isn't everything, but I thoroughly believe we take 1, if not 2, from them if Mummey is playing.  I also believe that the Auburn team stepping on the field now has a different attitude about them.  They're there to win.

If I'm not mistaken, Mummey was not playing during the Arizona State series.  Now I know one player isn't everything, but I thoroughly believe we take 1, if not 2, from them if Mummey is playing.  I also believe that the Auburn team stepping on the field now has a different attitude about them.  They're there to win.

No doubt. I believe you are correct. I believe if Auburn would have had Fredejas and Mummey in the lineup in Tempe we would have won at least 1. We are a lot better team now then we were then. We were also making a lot of fielding mistakes then. Hands down we are in the top 4 teams in the SEC as it stands right now.

No doubt. I believe you are correct. I believe if Auburn would have had Fredejas and Mummey in the lineup in Tempe we would have won at least 1. We are a lot better team now then we were then. We were also making a lot of fielding mistakes then. Hands down we are in the top 4 teams in the SEC as it stands right now.

I forgot Fredejas wasn't there either.  That's a lot of speed and 2 great sticks missing in an extremely potent line-up.  Add Justi Hargett hitting in the 9 hole and you might be looking at the fastest back to back to back threesome in the nation.

I forgot Fredejas wasn't there either.  That's a lot of speed and 2 great sticks missing in an extremely potent line-up.  Add Justi Hargett hitting in the 9 hole and you might be looking at the fastest back to back to back threesome in the nation.

No doubt. Auburn is playing great right now. When their pitching shows up and the bats are at least decent WATCH OUT.....if the pitching is average and the hitting is great WATCH OUT.....the only time we have a problem is when the pitching isn't great and the bats aren't there.

Archived