Maybe this is why Lebo didn't recruit Bledsoe

One thing that is for sure is that your basketball program will never be accused of cheating or mis-conduct as long as Lebo is the head man. Lebo never went after suspicious recruits, and you have to admire him for taking the higher road, but in the business of D-1 basketball that very admirable trait can put you at a serious disadvantage.

From the article: Ford denied any wrongdoing, telling the Times: "I'm a poor black man. And when one black man tries to help another black man, there's always something wrong."

Wow, it didn't take Ford long to play the race card. In fact, he must have had it on top of the deck.

I think a lot of kids improve their grades dramatically when they get close enough to see that they may miss out on a college scholarship.

It appears there was an extensive review of Bledsoe's case before the NCAA clearing house approved him a year ago. Nothing wrong was found at that time.

Past experience with the NY Times and the NCAA makes me take a "wait and see" approach to this one.

As far as Lebo not recruiting him goes, he didn't recruit Langston either. I don't think we can give Lebo an "atta boy" on this one. For some reason Lebo didn't go after the top in-state recruits. Who knows why?

From the article: Ford denied any wrongdoing, telling the Times: "I'm a poor black man. And when one black man tries to help another black man, there's always something wrong."

Wow, it didn't take Ford long to play the race card. In fact, he must have had it on top of the deck.

I think a lot of kids improve their grades dramatically when they get close enough to see that they may miss out on a college scholarship.

It appears there was an extensive review of Bledsoe's case before the NCAA clearing house approved him a year ago. Nothing wrong was found at that time.

Past experience with the NY Times and the NCAA makes me take a "wait and see" approach to this one.

As far as Lebo not recruiting him goes, he didn't recruit Langston either. I don't think we can give Lebo an "atta boy" on this one. For some reason Lebo didn't go after the top in-state recruits. Who knows why?

I've heard that he didn't do so well recruiting the AAU ranks, so maybe that had something to do with it? But yeah, I agree completely. Especially with the Times and the NCAA parts.

well, Bledsoe doesn't give a crap about this right? He's about to get drafted and make millions. It's so unfortunate that universities have to clean up they (or in this case, Calipari) had created the mess.

Lebo couldn't get the job done here period. There are lot's of talented, highly ranked ballers that fully qualify and had zero problems associated with them that he wouldn't try and recruit. He just wasn't comfortable going against the big boys in recruiting.

Wasnt Bledsoe cleared.

Yes, the NCAA cleared Bledsoe and the "Citizen's Group" sounds like nothing but a bunch of busy-bodies to me. Maybe they need some more ink to keep the coffee pot working.

We will eventually find out if there is anything to this. I would not be surprised if there were. Coach Cal has had this sort of thing follow him everywhere he's been.

1. UMass

2. Memphis

And now, possibly, at Kentucky. He has been fortunate enough to be sufficiently insullated that that nothing sticks to him, the telfon coach. I am wondering how long until things catch up with him at UK.

you have to know that programs starting out small like umass and memphis aren't as prepared to be thorough and triple check everything up...a program like kentucky knows they're in a huge public eye to begin with and even more so with hiring coach cal with his questional reputation (fair or not)...they're going to check and recheck every i being dotted and t crossed when the spotlight shines so brightly...most likelt the times and others flapping their gums for the sake of flapping them.

Archived