WORLD CUP 2010!!!

aurules16

US got screwed by the ref's mistake but I like our position...all we need is to win and we're in.

That's easier said than done. We were supposed to dominate this last game (yes I'm aware of the officiating) but we tied with Slovenia. Now "all we have to do is win" vs a team that ended in a draw vs England, who ended in a draw vs us. Theoretically, we should be equals in this matchup. Hopefully we can win this though.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

US got screwed by the ref's mistake but I like our position...all we need is to win and we're in.

That's easier said than done. We were supposed to dominate this last game (yes I'm aware of the officiating) but we tied with Slovenia. Now "all we have to do is win" vs a team that ended in a draw vs England, who ended in a draw vs us. Theoretically, we should be equals in this matchup. Hopefully we can win this though.

True, when you compare like that, we're equal...but I still believe we're better in this thing. Algeria is the last place team in our group.

Portugal just completely destroyed hapless North Korea 7-0. Including 6 in the 2nd half.

Would love to see Kim-Jong-Il's face after that match :laugh:

Mabey he ripped up his jump-suit out of despair :P

This will be a TOUGH match,Algeria are very stingy with their back four,Madjid Boughherra(GLASGOW RANGERS!!!!!)

will be all over Donavan and co.He gave Wayne Rooney fits..

What will play to our advantage is that Algeria has to win to go forwars,sp they will play a little more open,so mabey their D will lossen up a little,and we can counter attack.

We go from being out of the cup to winning the division in extra minutes. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Gentleman :bow:

It couldn't have been anymore dramatic. Justice served. :trampoline::yay:

i was listenin to the game on espn radio. when we scored i started bouncing all around in my truck and people were lookin at me llike i was crazy! AUSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The intensity of that game is unbelievable. I feel bad for all the Americans that missed out on that special moment.

USA USA

I concur!  That was the most intense, frustrating soccer game I have ever seen.  To have soooo many chances go just off the mark or being called back; that made that goal the most satisfying moment in my soccer watching career.  I was watching on Univision.com because ESPN3 doesnt work at the office.  They really do a great job calling the matches and keeping the excitement ... nevermind you dont know what they are saying.  But when they said GOL! GOL! GOL!, I had chills!  It is only fitting that donovan got the goal.  He was spot on all game.  If Dempsey would have had the shot ... might have been over the crossbar.

The intensity of that game is unbelievable. I feel bad for all the Americans that missed out on that special moment.

USA USA

I concur!  That was the most intense, frustrating soccer game I have ever seen.  To have soooo many chances go just off the mark or being called back; that made that goal the most satisfying moment in my soccer watching career.  I was watching on Univision.com because ESPN3 doesnt work at the office.  They really do a great job calling the matches and keeping the excitement ... nevermind you dont know what they are saying.  But when they said GOL! GOL! GOL!, I had chills!  It is only fitting that donovan got the goal.  He was spot on all game.  If Dempsey would have had the shot ... might have been over the crossbar.

or he would've just gotten punched in the face again

USA USA

or he would've just gotten punched in the face again

True ... he just looks like a guy you want to punch in the face ... jk I like dempsey but he is a flopper.  He must have learned that from playing Euro league.

Archived