WORLD CUP 2010!!!

aurules16

Guest WarTiger

Who is ready for the mighty England to give the USA a nice beatdown?  :tease:

Don't ban me, its only playful banter!

Honestly could are less. Soccer is a 3rd world sport.

I resent that, im not going to call you another arrogant or ignorant american BUT it was a very ignorant comment. Soccer is popular all over europe, south america, africa, asia AND USA.

I know. I was just ribbing you bub. But if I see another one of those Bono commericals on ESPN, I think I will scream.

Good luck to England. I wont be watching, so could care less if America wins.

There's no reason to post on a soccer thread about how much you dont care about soccer. Nobody cares about your opinion

And there is also no reason to respond to me when it is quite clear I was talking to aurules16.

i'm pretty sure you meant couldn't care less. if you could care less than that means that you care about it.. unless you really do care about it but i think you just had the phrase "couldn't care less" confused with "could care less".  :tease:

Ha ha. Well played sir.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That stinks,Drogba is easily one of the top 2 or three stikers in the world.He does seem to have a 'diva' attitude,but his play is brilliant.Would have loved to see him play..

Who is ready for the mighty England to give the USA a nice beatdown?  :tease:

Don't ban me, its only playful banter!

its going to end just like the revolutionary war. the underdog (America) beets the world power (England). england --> :beatmullet: <-- USA

Well Drogba broke his arm. Thats too bad, i was really looking forward to seeing him play. Ivory Coast has no shot now

yup, that's sad, although officials in Ivory Coast is claiming he's not out yet

I don't think Italy stand a chance. They're team is too old.

Brazil are a popular pick and do have a chance i will agree.

The experts like Spain to win it all under Ronaldo's guidance. We need another Pele in US  :-\

The experts like Spain to win it all under Ronaldo's guidance. We need another Pele in US  :-\

Just thought i would let you know that Ronaldo is Portugese lol

then they are not "experts" lol...thanks  :laugh:

how about Argentina with Messi?

I dont think their midfield play is good enough. I say they lose in the semis to Spain (if they both win their group, they end up in the same side of the bracket

...and Pele was not from the USA.

:laugh:

I know. I mean another player with talent like Pele. Sorry, should have specified that better.

I know. I mean another player with talent like Pele. Sorry, should have specified that better.

I thought that was what you meant, but I couldn't pass up the chance to poke a little fun.  No harm/foul intended.

:thumbsup:

-------------------------

For those of you who want a "World Cup History for Dummys" type summary, here is an excellent one:

http://theunlikelyfan.blogspot.com/2010/05/world-cup-history-for-dummiesamericans.html

Also a funny primer on the teams in this year's WC.  It compares the teams to teams Americans may be familiar with so you can get a feel for what each team is bringing to the WC:

http://theunlikelyfan.blogspot.com/2010/05/disclaimer-im-new-to-this-site-and-im.html

;D

The dude who scored for S Africa his name is Tshabalala! Anyone on here share that last name? Think you could be related?  :laugh:

Did we need a second thread?

:dunno:

(This post was in a seperate thread that was conjoined with this one.)

Two good games today.  I can not wait for tomorrow and the USA vs. England game!!

:happydance:

Dont watch much soccer....BUT for the world cup i make an exception!

Kinda like college basketball, i dont watch that much of it but when march madness comes it is the BEST!

So yea ill be watching the world cup!!!!! Lets go team USA!!!!! Dont tread on me!

Archived