MLB is Confusing

The draft puzzles me.  I am sorry, but some of the people drafted just baffles me.  For example (forgive me this example is about an Alabama pitcher, but we are good friends and i graduated with him).  Tyler White goes 3-3 with a 5.93 ERA and gets drafted in the 20th round.  My friend, Nathan Kilcrease goes 8-2 with a 2.42 era and strikes out 81 in 93 innings and gets passed over for White.  I know he is a smaller guy, but come on the kid can pitch.  Please, dont hate me for posting this.  (PS. Kilcrease had an Auburn offer and was going to come to Auburn, but the coaches didnt contact him for over 6 weeks and he decided to go to Bama)

Well, about the Kilcrease offer by AU....atta boy Slater. Slater never really cared about pitching and defense a whole lot.

Scouts don't look at stats you have to remember that just because someone has a higher  era it doesn't mean he is a lesser pitcher.

Things to look at:

1. Injury

2. League played in

3. Talent around him

4. Age

5. signability

Scouts don't look at stats you have to remember that just because someone has a higher  era it doesn't mean he is a lesser pitcher.

Things to look at:

1. Injury

2. League played in

3. Talent around him

4. Age

5. signability

I totally agree with those factors, but you can cross 4 off that list.  They play on the same team.  Kilcrease has never had any arm problems, that goes back as long as i have known him which is going on 13 years now.  They are the same age.  White is a RS-SO and Kilcrease is a true junior.

Things to look at:

1. Injury

2. League played in

3. Talent around him

4. Age

5. signability

I totally agree with those factors, but you can cross 4 off that list.  They play on the same team.  Kilcrease has never had any arm problems, that goes back as long as i have known him which is going on 13 years now.  They are the same age.  White is a RS-SO and Kilcrease is a true junior.

I  meant drafting period not directly this certain situation.

Hunter Morris, the SEC Player of the Year is the 14th SEC player selected. They look at different things.

I was pretty sure Mummey would go before Morris because Trent is fast, plays good center field and hits about the same as Morris.

Morris doesn't really have the speed major league teams would like and his glove at 1st base is only average. I think if Mummey hadn't been injured for half the season he'd have been drafted even higher.

Hunter Morris, the SEC Player of the Year is the 14th SEC player selected. They look at different things.

I was pretty sure Mummey would go before Morris because Trent is fast, plays good center field and hits about the same as Morris.

Morris doesn't really have the speed major league teams would like and his glove at 1st base is only average. I think if Mummey hadn't been injured for half the season he'd have been drafted even higher.

Morris has better speed than most think according to his draft analysis and they didn`t question his defense. His analysis was actually better than several that were drafted ahead of him. Really curious how things play out in the draft.

Archived