Zach Alvord

Perhaps our top baseball signee, got drafted by the Braves in the 18th round. One of the guys at talkingchop.com, kinda like the auburneagle for the Braves, said he will be a tough sign away from his commitment from us. Andy Seiler, some dude who gave the run down for the Braves draft picks the last 2 days had this to say about Alvord.......

"18. Zach Alvord, 2B, South Forsyth HS (GA), Rating 2C2: Big-time power bat for a middle infielder, but like Sabol is probably unsignable in this area. Has Auburn commitment and would be third generation to go to Auburn, so you might as well kiss him, his power, and his arm goodbye"

Basically all I'm saying is it looks pretty promising that we will have our top offensive signee on the Plains for at least the next 3 years. Based on the guys we are losing, I have to say that's pretty big news.

Perhaps our top baseball signee, got drafted by the Braves in the 18th round. One of the guys at talkingchop.com, kinda like the auburneagle for the Braves, said he will be a tough sign away from his commitment from us. Andy Seiler, some dude who gave the run down for the Braves draft picks the last 2 days had this to say about Alvord.......

"18. Zach Alvord, 2B, South Forsyth HS (GA), Rating 2C2: Big-time power bat for a middle infielder, but like Sabol is probably unsignable in this area. Has Auburn commitment and would be third generation to go to Auburn, so you might as well kiss him, his power, and his arm goodbye"

Basically all I'm saying is it looks pretty promising that we will have our top offensive signee on the Plains for at least the next 3 years. Based on the guys we are losing, I have to say that's pretty big news.

Alvord is a big time signee for sure but Andrew Morris, a pitcher with real big time potential is or could be a huge loss given the really big need we have for pitchers. He was drafted out of high school and if the money is there this time around; he will go pro most likely.

• 2 months later...

I can't provide a direct link but if u visit talkingchop.com there is a very interesting article on there. It basically says the Braves and Alvord had a deal agreed upon a good while ago. Apparently the Braves nixed the deal tonight and he wasn't signed. I feel bad for him if this is true, but selfishly I'm happy as he** he is here. WDE Zach, I swear u won't be "nixed" by the Auburn family!

Zach will indeed be suiting up for Auburn next baseball season.  WDE!

He will as well as Andrew Morris; the JUCO pitcher who 14-0 last year at Gulf Coast.

• 1 month later...

Archived