Just met Will Muschamp!

ESinGA4AU

My family & I were having dinner at Castaways, the local restaurant here in Carillon Beach, Florida. As we were walking out I noticed a kid outside by the door with shorts that had the inter-locking AU on them, so I said "War Eagle," like I ALWAYS do anytime I see someone wearing Auburn apparel. The kid said "War Eagle" very emphatically! Then one of the kids with him said, "My dad used to be a coach at Auburn." I asked who his dad was and he said, "Will Muschamp." I almost fell out! I asked if he was inside, and his son said "yes sir" & proceeded to walk in the restaurant and pointed him out to me. He had been at the table next to ours the whole time! I was too wrapped up with the Braves game to notice. But anyway, he was a super nice guy, & introduced me to his wife and the couple they were having dinner with. I asked how he liked Auburn, and his wife said "We loved Auburn!" Then Will said, "Yeah, but I saw that the end was coming." I'm sure he was referring to Tubby's demise. After talking with them for a few minutes I wished him good luck, got his autograph & left so they could start eating their dinner, which arrived at the end of our conversation. Pretty cool, huh?

Moral of the story, 'A simple "War Eagle," can lead to some interesting moments in life!" 

My family & I were having dinner at Castaways, the local restaurant here in Carillon Beach, Florida. As we were walking out I noticed a kid outside by the door with shorts that had the inter-locking AU on them, so I said "War Eagle," like I ALWAYS do anytime I see someone wearing Auburn apparel. The kid said "War Eagle" very emphatically! Then one of the kids with him said, "My dad used to be a coach at Auburn." I asked who his dad was and he said, "Will Muschamp." I almost fell out! I asked if he was inside, and his son said "yes sir" & proceeded to walk in the restaurant and pointed him out to me. He had been at the table next to ours the whole time! I was too wrapped up with the Braves game to notice. But anyway, he was a super nice guy, & introduced me to his wife and the couple they were having dinner with. I asked how he liked Auburn, and his wife said "We loved Auburn!" Then Will said, "Yeah, but I saw that the end was coming." I'm sure he was referring to Tubby's demise. After talking with them for a few minutes I wished him good luck, got his autograph & left so they could start eating their dinner, which arrived at the end of our conversation. Pretty cool, huh?

Moral of the story, 'A simple "War Eagle," can lead to some interesting moments in life!" 

Ill get ripped for saying this... But Tony Franklin said the same thing about the end coming... not exact words... but he said that he was uncomfortable from day one.

Give or take... we are in a better time and place at Auburn now. I am thankful for that.

Sometimes you have to go through the bad before you reach the good.

Auburn is in a "good"  "GREATER" position than before.

The future is bright, and that is all that matters.

Anyone else wondering why his son was wearing Auburn gear? Isn't Muschamp the coach in waiting at Texas? I think this speaks volumes about Auburn and the impact the university has with everyone and anyone associated with it.

Sounds like the Muschamp's enjoyed their time in Auburn. That is great to hear. Will is the very best DC in the Nation IMO. I hated to lose him, but wish him and his family the very best of everything.

Ill get ripped for saying this... But Tony Franklin said the same thing about the end coming... not exact words... but he said that he was uncomfortable from day one.

Give or take... we are in a better time and place at Auburn now. I am thankful for that.

Sometimes you have to go through the bad before you reach the good.

Auburn is in a "good"  "GREATER" position than before.

The future is bright, and that is all that matters.

Amen Brother we are back on track now fo sure!!!    :we:

:believe:

Never know what a good ol' WAR EAGLE !  might get ya !

Reguardless of where i'm,  if I see a brother or sister in AU gear I dont say hey. I say Warrrr Eagle!

I get the same response.

Ya should have asked him how the job was going.....

Anyone else wondering why his son was wearing Auburn gear? Isn't Muschamp the coach in waiting at Texas? I think this speaks volumes about Auburn and the impact the university has with everyone and anyone associated with it.

or why he was outside by himself?

Re-read the original post.  His son was outside with other kids.  One of the other Kids had th AU shirt on.  :-\

Re-read the original post.  His son was outside with other kids.  One of the other Kids had th AU shirt on.   :-\

I'm an idiot.  :-[

Re-read the original post.  His son was outside with other kids.  One of the other Kids had th AU shirt on.   :-\

:laugh:  Nah, you're not.  I love the sig, BTW. 

And keep in mind that Muschamp's kid offered that his dad had coached at Auburn .. I think that kid wears Auburn gear -- in his heart.

I still wish coach Gran was on our staff. I'm sure Eddie and the other coaches saw Tuberville's fall coming fast.

Brown is in like his 50"s or somethin right? Muschamp is gonna be in waiting for a long time prob.

If He would have hung around AU maybe a good paying head coaching job would have came his way by now.

;)

Brown is in like his 50"s or somethin right? Muschamp is gonna be in waiting for a long time prob.

If He would have hung around AU maybe a good paying head coaching job would have came his way by now.

;)

Muschamp said as long as JJ was the AD, he would never coach at Auburn. They had a huge falling out while he was still with us.

;)

I for one am certainly it didn't. UGAy pwned Muschamp even when he was with the corndogs.

I agree. Great post by you.

Thank you, not my finest moment, but still a solid effort.

Thank you, not my finest moment, but still a solid effort.

Your welcome very solid effort on your part keep it up. You may become a Mod someday.

Archived