2012 Running Backs Updated 2/3/11

smuphy72wde

2012 Running backs

T.J. Yeldon

6’2 205lbs

Daphne, Alabama

T.J. holds offers from Auburn, Alabama, FSU, Tennessee, and UAB.

Along with T.J.’s great size he also boast great speed and athleticism with his 4.43 forty and 39 inch vertical.

Highlights:

Keith Marshall (NC)

5'11" 170 pounds / Millbrook HS (Raleigh)

Highlight film is  :o

Highlights

Offers from : Auburn, Alabama. North Carolina, Florida, FSU, and basically everyone else in the nation.

Keith is the best RB in the nation in an absolutely stacked RB class.

Daniel Taylor

5’7 165

Lutcher, Louisiana

Daniel Holds offers from Auburn, SMU and Tennessee.

Taylor is a small Scat back that has legitimate division 1 speed and great vision.  Taylor is teammates with current LSU commit Jarvis Landry which will make it even harder to pull him out of Louisiana.

Matt Jones

6’2 210

Seffner, Florida

Holds offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida State, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina and Notre Dame.

As you can see Jones holds offers from most of every school in the SEC, but favors Georgia at this point in the process. Jones is a true north-south runner and doesn’t shy away from contact. Jones also catches the ball well out of the backfield and has the best vision I have seen out of the 2012 backs.

Highlights:

Russell Hansbrough

5'8 175 lbs / Arlington,Texas

Highlight Film:

Russell has camped with Auburn twice and seems to have a great deal of interest.

His head coach has a really good relationship with Coach Luper.

JUst did the kids I think we have a legit shot at right now.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont know about the others, but Yeldon is the real deal. Ive played against him twice in football and twice in basketball. He is an amazing athlete, best athlete i've ever played against. His recruitment will explode after his junior season

Isn't Barry Sanders Jr apart of this class as well?

Yes, and he already has a relationship with Coaches Luper and Trooper from their tima at OSU. He hasn't been offered by us yet though, but that could change. It'll be tough to get him out of the Midwest though.

I just did the players we have offered so far.    Ill add a list of the top runningbacks for next cycle if you guys would like me too.

I just did the players we have offered so far.    Ill add a list of the top runningbacks for next cycle if you guys would like me too.

Appreciate the updates Smurphy- and that would be great if you would include the top

RB's for next year.

Isn't Barry Sanders Jr apart of this class as well?

Yes, and he already has a relationship with Coaches Luper and Trooper from their tima at OSU. He hasn't been offered by us yet though, but that could change. It'll be tough to get him out of the Midwest though.

Yes I know he will be a long shot to pull away from the Midwest(OSU in particular) but I say we at least have to try. There is already a communication line in place and it won't hurt to see if they can get his attention on AU. This kid is one of the best coming out and we have to go after the best. I see the list was just updated and he was added to the list. I'm surprised that OSU hasn't offered already. I would've though that would be his first offer.  :dunno:

2012 Running backs

T.J. Yeldon

6’2 205lbs

Daphne, Alabama

T.J. holds offers from Auburn and Florida State, but I expect that number to explode over the next year. Along with T.J.’s great size he also boast great speed and athleticism with his 4.43 forty and 39 inch vertical.

Highlights: http://videos.al.com/mobile-press-register/2010/05/daphnes_tj_yeldon_vs_davidson.html

Daniel Taylor

5’7 165

Lutcher, Louisiana

Daniel Holds offers from Auburn, SMU and Tennessee.

Taylor is a small Scat back that has legitimate division 1 speed and great vision.   Taylor is teammates with current LSU commit Jarvis Landry which will make it even harder to pull him out of Louisiana.

Matt Jones

6’2 210

Seffner, Florida

Holds offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida State, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina and Notre Dame.

As you can see Jones holds offers from most of every school in the SEC, but favors Georgia at this point in the process. Jones is a true north-south runner and doesn’t shy away from contact. Jones also catches the ball well out of the backfield and has the best vision I have seen out of the 2012 backs.

Highlights:

Russell Hansbrough

5'8 175 lbs / Arlington,Texas

Apparently we have offered and I missed it.   I can't find much info on him right now.

Ones to watch

Quantavious Grimes, RB, 5-9, 170,

Charles Henderson High School.

Next seasons Top Running backs.

Johnathan Gray (TX)

5'10" 185 pounds / Aledo HS (Aledo)

Has offers from Texas A&M and Texas Tech

Barry Sanders Jr. (OK)

5'11" 180 pounds / Heritage Hall HS (Oklahoma City)

Holds offers from Tulsa, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M

Will be hard to get away from Oklahoma State.

Ladarius Anthony (TX)

6'0" 185 pounds / Kilgore HS (Kilgore)

Only has 1 offer and it is from SMU, but Anthony is ranked #6 on the Orangebloods.com 2012 Texas Rankings.

Keith Marshall (NC)

5'11" 170 pounds / Millbrook HS (Raleigh)

Highlight film is  :o

Highlights

Xavier Grindle (MS)

5'10" 190 pounds / East Marion HS (Columbia)

Doesn't hold any offers yet, but has really impressed several guys at camps around the country.

The Daily Buzz also lists Caleb Autry from Foley High, Tyler Hayes from Thomasville, Imani Cross from Flowery Branch(GA), and Daniel Taylor from Lutcher(La). At FB they list Cassanova McKinley from Woodlawn.

Whatever happened to that kid from Texas that was apparently a big AU fan?  I think he set the state record for rushing yards last year as a soph.  I can't remember his name.

If it's Jonathon Gray, he's on the list smurphy posted.

• 4 months later...

Johnathan Gray had 320 yards and 8 TD's in state championship game yesterday.  His stat line for his junior season is off the charts:  351 att, 3223 yards, 9.2 avg, 59 TD's as a junior :bow:  Hope our coaches are on him for next year.

http://photographyblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/12/big-day-rushing-for-aledos-gra.html

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Johnathan-Gray-103880

Probably going to be tough to pull him away from Texas Tech.  His dad is the former Texas Tech great James Gray.  I'd imagine he would fit well in CTT's style of offense.  He does mention in the article below about interest in other programs (OK and UT), so maybe he doesn't have an attachment to the Red Raiders.  He's definitely one to watch out for in 2012.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4577574

Whatever happened to that kid from Texas that was apparently a big AU fan?  I think he set the state record for rushing yards last year as a soph.  I can't remember his name.

Think you are talking about Trey Williams??

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Trey-Williams-104073

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1159874&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Yes, Trey Williams is who the one that talked about us early.  He recently went to an A&M game and was blown away by the crowd.  I will give him that much that in the state of Texas an A&M game is as close as you will find to SEC football game as far as fans go.  That being said it does not compare.  Get this kid on the plans and look out.

johnathon gray is a under the radar type guy until now I have watched him closely and can tell you he is the real deal  :wedance:

Agreed.  The one thing that is hard to assess is his off. line.  I've watched him several times since he was a soph. and his line is amazing.  I am not trying to take anything away from Jonathan, but he is 30 yards down field before he gets touched most of the time.

• 1 month later...

I say Yeldon and either Gray or Marshall....or Yeldon and Sanders Jr if we can get him. Luper did play with his dad at OK State, maybe he could work that relationship.

I say Yeldon and either Gray or Marshall....or Yeldon and Sanders Jr if we can get him. Luper did play with his dad at OK State, maybe he could work that relationship.

Sanders already has a Top 4 cuz I think he wants an early announcement, and we're not on it. It's Bama, OkSt, FSU, and UCLA. I think he's going to Bama or Oklahoma St

Well if that is the case then I say he should go to OK State and set records there. But maybe I'm a little biased, who knows  :dunno:  :rolleyes:

Archived