ESPN Link Incoming freshmen we all want to see

AUmind

I've been lookin at some of Dyer's film Vs Seastrunk vs Lattimere (sp?) film. We got the right guy.

I hope we play him soon and often. His size/weight/agility/speed/strength/field vision against the other two is remarkable. Hes not too tall, pure muscle, fast, and has great vision on the field.

He and Fannin are gonna be bad ass.

Guest In the Village

This list is very interesting.  There is one young man, to me, that stands out just behind Reed and Dyer.  It is Williams from bammer, I hope he sees 25% of all bammers offensive snaps for the next four years.

Guest In the Village

I played against Williams twice this year (Thomasville is in my school's area) and not one time did I think he looked like a college level punter...

Even better reason to look forward to seeing him take 25% of bama's offensive snaps.

What in the world is this guys comment all about!?

MatGmby:

Dyer was 19 years old as a senior and playing against some of the smallest schools in arkansas. he also has "stuff" in his neck as my father would say. there is a big difference in a year when you are talking 16-19 year old kids. he will be a decent back but should not be ranked anywhere near lattimore. given his attitude, it wouldnt surprise me if dyer was out of football in 2-3 years. despite his being at least two years older than most of his opponents in HS, the kid has a lot of growing up to do and needs to check his attitude.

also, ESPN's recruiting rankings are much better than Rivals and Scout IMO. especially this years class. those recruiting service sites wont even eval a guy that doesnt have film and they cater to larger fanbases to sell more memberships. their rankings are always biased and look terrible when you go back and re-rank the classes. google "re-ranking recruiting classes" to give you a general idea of what i am talking about

MatGmby:

Dyer was 19 years old as a senior and playing against some of the smallest schools in arkansas. he also has "stuff" in his neck as my father would say. there is a big difference in a year when you are talking 16-19 year old kids. he will be a decent back but should not be ranked anywhere near lattimore. given his attitude, it wouldnt surprise me if dyer was out of football in 2-3 years. despite his being at least two years older than most of his opponents in HS, the kid has a lot of growing up to do and needs to check his attitude.

also, ESPN's recruiting rankings are much better than Rivals and Scout IMO. especially this years class. those recruiting service sites wont even eval a guy that doesnt have film and they cater to larger fanbases to sell more memberships. their rankings are always biased and look terrible when you go back and re-rank the classes. google "re-ranking recruiting classes" to give you a general idea of what i am talking about

Probably a butthurt Arkansas fan.

The kid is a special talent and they don't want to admit they missed out on a great player.

MatGmby:

Uh... well... ahhh nevermind.

Archived