Wesley Person

auclong

I heard on ITAT yesterday that he was going in the meeting to talk about the upcoming season.  He walked in and they immediately said we are no longer requiring your services.  They said Wesley tried contacting the AD the next day but the AD didn't want to discuss anything further.  Wes said he never received a reason for being fired.  Very odd situation.  That is ashame for WP, who is trying to gain experience to be a college coach one day, such as Auburn eventually.  He is ok money wise because he played in the NBA a while and did a good job of securing his finances.  Again, this was all said on ITAT yesterday.

I heard on ITAT yesterday that he was going in the meeting to talk about the upcoming season.  He walked in and they immediately said we are no longer requiring your services.  They said Wesley tried contacting the AD the next day but the AD didn't want to discuss anything further.  Wes said he never received a reason for being fired.  Very odd situation.  That is ashame for WP, who is trying to gain experience to be a college coach one day, such as Auburn eventually.  He is ok money wise because he played in the NBA a while and did a good job of securing his finances.  Again, this was all said on ITAT yesterday.

Pretty much what I heard too. The AD didn1t have the guts to talk to him in person and gave no reason for the firing. They didn`t have a great season but it appears he has had a decent recruiting class which in JUCO, all you need to turn it around is one good class in JUCO. My JUCO team went from 0-24 to 2nd in nation in 2 years. I was on the 0-24 sadly.

Wow. Coats needs to get put in his place. I wish Auburn would hire Wesley as an assistant in the Athletic Dept. or something. Too bad Barbee's staff is full.

Agreed

Lets be careful what we wish for how many on here know Wesley personally, I do and have all his life. The story in the Dothan Eagle was his side of it. I heard from a good reliable source that there was some rule / recruit violations. I know for a fact that he loves to make rules but does not think he should have to follow any other rules himself, they dont apply to him. If he got a job at Auburn it would not be a good thing for us. I am not surprised by his firing it was not a matter of if but when. Wesley other wise known as (stick man) in is home town, is not the same guy that he was before the NBA, the fame and money has went to his head He thinks he is Mr. Person. If he had not got fired, the first time he wanted something and they told him no he would have quit. I dont have a axe to grind with him I just know him well. With that being said Chuck is a different story he is great guy and would be great for Auburn, he is smart. loyal, humble and more of a people person. I hope he will get his chance one day in Auburn or the NBA but for his sake I hope he dont bring baby brother that would hurt him. I just wanted to give a little insite on Wesley the person and the subject. The AD at that College has to protect the school and his job maybe he did not comment so he could do just that and not try to make Wesley look bad. Just a thought I dont know the AD but knowing Wesley the way I do the AD was probably justified.  WAR EAGLE

Thanks for the info, Bulldog.

Agreed. If all or just a portion of this is correct; maybe it could serve as a wake up call to Wesley. Lets hope so.

Archived