Greg Robinson Update

Jonesy

LSU's Family Day was the same week end as BCII.

Greg Robinson was at BCII. Hung out with Reese, Thomas, Kiehl, Dakota Mosely and Mike Dyer.

Well he was in elite company for sure!  :thumbsup:

No. More. Emoticons. Ever.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :wedance:  :wedance:  :wedance:  :wedance:  :tdau:  :tdau:  :tdau:  :tdau:  :zapbama:  :beatmullet:  :trampoline:  :hellyeah:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg Robinson was at BCII. Hung out with Reese, Thomas, Kiehl, Dakota Mosely and Mike Dyer.

Thanks for clearing that up, Mr. Beach. My point was, that Greg came to BCWII instead of going to LSU's copycat version, which was a HUGE statement of where I think Greg's heart truly is and the close friends he has at AU. As you know, not only has him and Kiehl become good friends but it really shows how close him and Trovon are. I'm sure Trovon told him how much fun it was and that he had to be there. I just found it odd, that the first thing Jonesy said in this thread, was that Greg didn't skip a LSU camp to visit AU and possibly implying that I was wrong about him visiting BCWII instead of LSU's copycat day, like I said in a previous thread about a week ago. I just wanted to make that distinction, for the simple fact of how important that was in his recruitment and to let everyone know just how serious Greg is about AU. Jonesy is a mod for very good reason and you can take what he says to the bank but I just wanted some clarification on what he actually meant by his first statement. Nobody ever said he skipped an LSU camp to come to AU, so I really didn't understand where he was coming from unless he was referring to my comments about him skipping LSU's tiger cub day to visit AU's Big Cat family outing. 

Thanks for clearing that up, Mr. Beach. My point was, that Greg came to BCWII instead of going to LSU's copycat version, which was a HUGE statement of where I think Greg's heart truly is and the close friends he has at AU. As you know, not only has him and Kiehl become good friends but it really shows how close him and Trovon are. I'm sure Trovon told him how much fun it was and that he had to be there. I just found it odd, that the first thing Jonesy said in this thread, was that Greg didn't skip a LSU camp to visit AU and possibly implying that I was wrong about him visiting BCWII instead of LSU's copycat day, like I said in a previous thread about a week ago. I just wanted to make that distinction, for the simple fact of how important that was in his recruitment and to let everyone know just how serious Greg is about AU. Jonesy is a mod for very good reason and you can take what he says to the bank but I just wanted some clarification on what he actually meant by his first statement. Nobody ever said he skipped an LSU camp to come to AU, so I really didn't understand where he was coming from unless he was referring to my comments about him skipping LSU's tiger cub day to visit AU's Big Cat family outing.   

I think you are right on the money with GR.

I think you are right on the money with GR.

Thanks Mayor. Just like the last GR thread, I'm just trying to offer a little insight. FWIW, I really hope GR's family will continue to grow to love and want to be a part of our family because I feel if it's up to Greg, he wants to be blocking for Kiehl and Trovon for the next several years. War Eagle!

I may be way out in left field,  but I get the feeling when i read..." He also told me that he believes the outcome of LSU's season will be the deciding factor for Greg's recruitment."..  that some people at LSU are not too happy with Miles.  If their season doesn't go great,  Miles may be out.    Smart move by Greg,  if miles can keep skating by.   I  feel miles is on his way out in the next couple years either way.

I wonder what its going to take for miles to return? a minimum of 10 wins maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

Something must have changed in regards to Robinson because the LSU fans are far less confident about signing Robinson now compared to a month ago. Here is a link to an LSU site stating that they believe Auburn leads.

http://www.saturdaynightslant.com/

1.   Greg Robinson – 6-4/300/4.9 Thibodaux, LA – Robinson is a consensus top 100 player in the country. Rivals and scout have him rated as the 4th and 11th best offensive tackle in the country. He has long arms and tremendous athletic ability. He is the last of the 2011 Louisiana offensive linemen that Les Miles wants. With potentially Greg Robinson and La’el Collins as book ends on the offensive line, the QB of the future will have plenty of time in the pocket. In fact, if LSU can get him to sign, then this would definitely be the top OL class in the country. That’s a BIG ‘If’ because Auburn, Trooper Taylor, and Trovon Reed (former teammate of Robinson’s that signed with Auburn in 2010) are really making things difficult for the LSU staff. Greg Robinson has visited Auburn multiple times over the spring and summer. He has said that Auburn and LSU are his top two. Early in the process he was pretty set on attending LSU. Over time he has become an Auburn lean. In fact, if signing day was on next Wednesday, he would sign with Auburn. The staff has until Feb. to sway him back.

***Please do not discuss unsubstantiated and RIDICULOUS rumors about our recruits here! Doing so will only result in the post being deleted, and plus it only adds fuel to the fire! Thank you!***

You forgot to delete the original post about the rumor, you know, the one that stated the rumor and the one that i was refuting.

You forgot to delete the original post about the rumor, you know, the one that stated the rumor and the one that i was refuting.

Thanks. I took care of that too! Also, as I said above, "refuting" these types rumors is "discussing" them also. We don't allow either, when they are of this nature! Thanks for understanding.

Sorry for including that part. I thought it was sufficiently ridiculous enough to include but I understand the logic behind not giving stupid things like that any legs.

Thank you VERY much, marshallcotiger!  We have to remember that, UNLIKE other boards/sites, we are fortunate enough to have AU recruits, players, former players, and the families of all of the above as members of our great site! Therefore, we have to be held to a higher standard! WDE!!

***Please do not discuss unsubstantiated and RIDICULOUS rumors about our recruits here! Doing so will only result in the post being deleted, and plus it only adds fuel to the fire! Thank you!***

I'm gone for 8 hours and somebody tinkles in DJ's cornflakes  :tease:. Would you people stay in line please?  :P

I'm gone for 8 hours and somebody tinkles in DJ's cornflakes  :tease:. Would you people stay in line please?  :P

I've been doing that for years, so he wouldn't notice that. Had to have been something else.

I've been doing that for years, so he wouldn't notice that. Had to have been something else.

Does a body good!

whoa29.jpg

Does a body good!

whoa29.jpg

TELL ME THOSE AREN'T KIX!!!  Or the Reese's peanut butter cereal

Tick tock tick tock

[/quote ^^^this^^^

Archived