College Football Power Rankings - Preseason

AUmind

yeah I was listening to the Scott Van Pelt show today and he said that a third SEC team will step up this year and he thinks it will be us or the piggies....said us first though :thumbsup:

:we: SVP

I believe certain people will get ticked off at all the attention and hype were getting, since in the past it has bited us in the butt.

Not me, im glad  ;D

I hate pre-season poles. Why can they not wait until 4 to 5 games into the season before they start making their predictions. All this does is give one team an advantage over another.  :banghead: Sorry this is the reason we got hosed in 04. War Eagle!!!

I hate pre-season poles. Why can they not wait until 4 to 5 games into the season before they start making their predictions. All this does is give one team an advantage over another.  :banghead: Sorry this is the reason we got hosed in 04. War Eagle!!!

I agree about waiting to have polls, but it is not human nature to want to rank things.  As for 2004, not sure this is true, if they would have waited 4 or 5 games into the season, USC and OU would still have been 1 and 2 and since they never lost, we could never pass them.  It was a faulty system then and a faulty system now. 

We certainly have a chance to have a top 15 ranked team by mid-season. Time will tell but I like our chances if we can do the little things, and year two on both sides of the ball should make a difference.

We certainly have a chance to have a top 15 ranked team by mid-season. Time will tell but I like our chances if we can do the little things, and year two on both sides of the ball should make a difference.

I agree.  Year 2 will make a big difference and look out for year 3. We get another good recruiting year and we will have the necessary depth to play with anyone anytime.

Anyone surprised that Rece Davis didn't have use in the top 25?  Guy is the consummate Bama hommer...

I am sick of those that complain about preseason polls. They will exist, get over it. There is one poll that chooses to wait quite a few weeks and that is the Harris Poll, which is used in the BCS Rankings. Now... look at the Harris Poll and it is essentially identical to all of the other polls. This proves that the preseason polls have an affect on the polls that elect to wait. Why? Because those that vote in the Harris Poll still hear things about expectations from all of the teams. Unless you can convince every single poll and fan in the world to omit a preseason poll (and good luck with that) there will always be preseason polls. The coaches poll and AP poll could elect not to have them, though they will, but when they have their first official poll (week 5?) it will look eerily similar to the ESPN or CBS or any other poll they can find out there.

Anyone surprised that Rece Davis didn't have use in the top 25?  Guy is the consummate Bama hommer...

With an Auburn wife so at least he got one thing right in his life.

No the reason was that Auburn's name was not USC or Oklahoma which had little to do with who was the best.  I tell Bammers all the time that if USC had been undefeated last year, Bammer would have been left out of the big game watching USC and Texas.

With an Auburn wife so at least he got one thing right in his life.

She sure married DOWN!!!

:zapbama:

Archived